(9) Midnight Meal

Start from the beginning

That was pretty rude in her opinion. Nick would have at least said good night.

She sighed and placed her phone back in its spot. The rain continued to pour.

Judy squeezed her eyes closed and tried to fall asleep. Nothing. The homesickness continued to wash over her.

Oh how she wished she had someone to talk to. Her last hope had rudely ignored her and fell asleep.

She sat up and squinted to see in the darkness. As her eyes adjusted to the dark, she could see the faint outline of her bedroom door, the lightening illuminating the room every so often.

It was foolish but she wanted to cry. "Be a cop!" I said! "I can be anything!" I said!... I miss home..." She mumbled, hugging her knees.

Her bedside table gave a mighty buzzing sound as her phone lit up the corner of the room.

She blinked rapidly, squinting at the bright light. Her phone was showing a text message.

She swiped the device off the wooden surface and unlocked the phone, reading the message quickly.

Nick XD
I'm sorry Carrots, I'm here in front of ur apartment- bought u stuff from The Lucky Cat Cafe. I'm so sorry if it took so long Carrots.

Judy's eyes widened as she heard a hasty rap on the front door. She hopped out of bed and opened the door to see none other than Nick standing there, a wet umbrella in one paw and a plastic bag from her favourite cafe in the other.

"Nick?!" She exclaimed, helping him inside.

"Sup?" He smirked. Judy looked at him in surprise.

"It's pouring out there! You didn't have to-to go out and grab all that!" She exclaimed. Nick waved a paw and chucked the bag onto the coffee table.

"Eh I needed a midnight snack anyways." He said, sitting on the couch. Judy sat beside him as he pulled out a donut.

"Well, thanks!" She cheered as he passed her a sweet pastry. "You always know exactly what I need." She said between mouthfuls.

"Well you are pretty predictable Carrots- just kidding!" Nick exclaimed when he saw Judy's face.

By now the thunder had stopped and the rain was ceasing. "Damn it's 4:30 already..." Nick exclaimed.

"Oh I'm so sorry! We have work tomorrow! You should really be getting rest!" Judy exclaimed, jumping up.

"Carrots, it's cool-"

"Here, it's to early to go home, you take my bed!" Judy exclaimed, "and i'll take the couch!"

"I don't have my uniform here so I might as well go home." Nick pointed out as Judy threw some clothes into his face.

"Here you go now go to bed, you left a set of your uniform here last time on accident." Judy said, preparing a make shift bed on the couch.

Nick looked at her. "If you sure then..." He said.

The next morning was quite a quick one. Nick had slept through Judy's alarm until they were an hour late, both scrambling to get ready.

"WHERE IS THE TASER?!" Nick exclaimed.

"I dunno." Judy simply said, picking up her badge and clipping it on.

"I need the damn taser Judy! Ya know how many animals that need to bugger off?" He exclaimed, covering his mouth quickly.

"You threaten animals with the taser?!" Judy asked.

"No... I just show em I have one..." Nick hesitated.

Judy pulled her elephant taser from her belt and pressed the trigger button.

"J-j-j-u-u-dy!!!" Nick yelped as he got hit by the taser.

"Now let's go!" Judy smiled, dragging a very shocked Nick out the door.

"I come at three in the night and this is how you repay me?" Nick shook his head.

"Alright here." Judy smirked, handing him his tool.

"You had it the whole time?!" Nick asked.

"Yeah- some animals had been complaining an officer was threatening em with a taser so Cheif told me to teach ya a lesson." Judy explained. "I was waiting for your confession for abusing your power... So I would have an excuse to taser you- I've been meaning to find a reason to, so worth it." Judy laughed.

Nick shoved Judy. "Sly bunny... But that seriously hurt though." Nick smirked.

"Well it's not my fault you are the dumb fox!"