50

Wednesday May 2
7:27
HOME

"You know what I just realized?"

I turned over in his arms, causing the hammock to sway. "What?"

"You joined me," he sent me a happy-go-lucky grin.

"What do you mean?"

"You joined me," he repeated, "I told you in our very first conversation that you would join me someday."

I waved him off. "You're such a geek."

"I am not a geek! I play sports!" He started getting defensive and I laughed at his discomfort.

"But you love Star Wars," I pointed out and he shrugged.

"So do you," he fired back.

"Fine, you're a half geek," I told him and he smiled, pulling me closer.

"I am such a lucky guy," he mumbled against my head. "Darth Vader conquers all!"

"Except when it comes to those he loves," I reminded Jackson.

"Hmm, you're right. I'd do anything for you," he buried his face into my neck.

"... I think you just indirectly said you loved me," I blinked.

"Mhmm," he hummed as he held me, and I looked over my shoulders to see his eyes closed.

"... But," I didn't know what to say to that. Do I say it back? But he didn't even say the L-Word, technically.

"Remember what you said? It's the small things that will lead to big things and blah blah blah. You said something like that," I laughed at his response.

"Well..." He said, resting his head on my shoulder. "Are you going to say it back?"

Oh, so I am supposed to say it back. Whoops.

"Actually," I smiled at him, "I was going to but now I want you to profess your undying love for me and then I'll say it back."

He scowled and I giggled.

"Damn," he kissed my cheek, "I wish I could make you laugh like that everyday."

After hearing his words I started to heat up which made him laugh, which made me laugh and caused the both of us to end up in fits of giggles as he tickled me.

"Now do it!" I laughed as tickled my sides.

"Never!" He shouted back and continued to attack me.

"Please," I pouted at him, "I'll give you a kiss."

He rolled his eyes. "Fine," he sat up and dramatically took my hands in his.

"Brooklyn Scott, you tend to look like Oscar the Grouch," he told me and I slapped his chest.

"Okay, okay!" He laughed, trying to protect himself from my wrath.

He tried again and took my hands in his. "Brooklyn Scott, every morning when I wake up to see your face, I can't help but wonder how the hell I ever got so lucky. You are positively the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me, and for that I promise that I, Jackson Sykes, will love you till my very last breath."

I kissed his lips once he finished his speech, but as I pulled away Jackson pulled me back, kissing me harder.

My fingers curled into his hair, and he groaned. I pulled away and he pouted, but I had to or else I wouldn't have gotten around to telling him I love him.

"Jackson Sykes," I cupped his face in my hands and his smile reappeared. "I love you so much that it would put Bella and Edward to shame."

He rolled his eyes. "A blood-sucking Halloween monster a typical damsel in distress are a horrible example," he complained and I nodded.

"You get the point." I pated his cheek as he held me closer.

"Can I confess something," I muttered against his chest and I felt him nod.

"Sometimes - that's a lie, it all the time - when I see you shirtless, I'm really tempted to lick your chest."

He snorted and I looked up with a smile as he kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry, babe. Someday I'll let you lick it," he promised. "Now pay up."

Soon our lips were attacking each other and I would have slipped off had Jackson not been pinning me down. Before I knew it, my geek(ish) boyfriend was taking me on my backyard hammock with my brother just inside the house.