Chapter 16

"You like him."

I stop dead in my tracks and stare at Bri like she's insane. "Excuse me?"

"Or he likes you, either way, someone likes someone back in that room."

I laugh and shake my head. "Bri, he's just training me to fight. It was part of our deal remember?" She shrugs and keeps walking with me towards the dance studio. "Yeah but he's keeping something from you. Like the fact he's actually into you. Trust me, boo. I can tell when someone likes someone."

"You're wrong this time, babe. He was my bully, remember? There's no way he has any romantic or sexual interest in me. And I don't have the same for him."

"Yeah but you do think he's hot. Just like every other girl would. You can't deny that much."

"Okay, I know he's hot. Your point? He's still a jerk. And I don't date jerks."

"Uhhh, Ryan?"

"He wasn't a jerk to me." She rolls her eyes. "Mmm, hmm, sure."

I laugh and shove her shoulder. "Shut up, weirdo. Come on, we're late."

Me and Bri run into the dance studio and throw down our stuff, running into our spots beside each other just in time as Ms. Lina comes out, ready to teach us.

"Alright students, today will be the last day of practice before I pick the leads. So dance with all you've got because today will determine if you get the lead or no-"

The door to the dance studio swings open and everyone turns their attention to it. And guess who waltzes in?

Fucking Jaxon Parker.

And he's holding my water bottle in his hands.

"Who are you?" Our teacher spoke. Jaxon sends her a small grin. "Just dropping off a water bottle for my girlfriend." Jaxon's eyes find mind eyes and smirks, winking at me. On the inside, I shutter with nervousness, and on the outside, I roll my eyes and turn away.

"Fine. Just do not interrupt our session again or you're out."

"Alright, cool."

I turn to Bri, wide eyed. 'Does that mean he's staying?!?' I mouthed to her. She laughs and shrugs. 'I don't know. But I sure hope so' I sigh and rub my face. I hate this.

"Alright so you've all been practicing your own dances along with the dance I assigned for the lead, which also includes of a partner. I hope you all know your parts.... Because it's dance time."

×~×~×

I was third for my single dance. I was dancing to Trap Queen. The remix by Matt Steffanina. I had mastered it a week ago and now I finally get to show it to everyone.

I walk into the middle of the floor, just me. Everyone's eyes are on me, including Jaxon's. And is it sad that his are the only ones that make me nervous? I shake my head to try and get rid of the thoughts.

And then the first beat cones on.

I dance with everything I have. I make sure that I'm doing everything right and perfect and I don't miss a step the whole dance. Once I'm done, I smile at the teacher and look t everyone. They all start clapping and Bri gives me a thumbs up, jumping up and down.

Luckily she didn't want the lead and I did so we didn't have a confrontation on that.

As my eyes scan the crowd, I see that Jaxon is staring at me. His eyes are a little wide with surprise and his lips are almost in a smile. They slowly start to form when he shakes his head at me. I roll my eyes and smile.

Once everyone else is done with singles, they start doubles. Which is the one with partners. My partner was a small, nice kid. His name was Jordan and he was a pretty chill guy. But the bad thing about it is this...

He is weak af. Which means it's gonna be hard on him when he has to pick me up... Four times. He always messed up those parts. Which is what's scaring me. Last time we practiced he said he would try getting stronger so we could get it.

But by the looks of his arms tonight... I'm getting very worried.

We were up last. Which I hated. It meant we had to end on a good note and do good. But with Jordan... Ugh.

We got into position. Standing side by side with our heads down and hands folded behind our backs. And when the first beat came on, we sprung to life, repeating all the different moves we learned. I spun, did a front flip, and body rolled. Jordan came up behind me and grabbed my waist, both of us moving our hips in syn as I put my hands back and held his hair.

We then both spun away from each other. Holding each other's forearms. I then grabbed the other and he shot me under him, sliding me against the floor. I smile and continue to do the rest of the moved, making sure I was on count.

Then came the lifting.

I summer salted, then did a cartwheel, and got into the position to do a summersalted and when I was flipping, Jordan grabbed my back and lifted me in the air...

Or what he was supposed to do.

But of course... He dropped me.

"Alright!" Ms. Lina yelled, writing on her clipboard. I jumped to my feet. "No, please Ms. Lina! Give us another chance! Please, I promise we'll do better!"

Jordan puts his hands on my shoulder. I look over at him. "Sab, I can't do better. I'm not fit to be the lead. I'm sorry I'm just... Not strong enough."

"Curly over here's right, Sabrina. He isn't strong enough. So that means you both don't get the lead."

"But I know all of it! Just... Just give me another partner! Please, I promise you won't regret it!"

She sighs and rubs her temple. "Can't you see all the partners are taken? There are no more free ones. I'm sorry, but you don't get the lead."

I stand there, my mouth hanging open. My brain confused. How could this be happening? I worked so hard to get this lead and now... It's all over.

I'm not good enough.

Ms. Lina starts to walk away when something that I hear... Shocks me.

"I'll be her partner."

And I bet you can guess who that was.

×~×~×

Dun dun duuuuuuunn! Cx lol, his guys! I had fun writing this chapter, and I loved it!!!! So I hope you guys did too! XD

Love you guys! Don't forget to vote for meh! Kisses!

~Jordan