Chapter 21 Pt. 3

Recap:

He looks directly into my eyes. They pierced right into me. Then he chuckles and looks down, shaking his head. "I guess it's a good thing we're not friend then huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? Why?"

"So that when I tell you this it won't ruin what we have, which is apparently nothing."

"Tell me.... What?"

"That I love you."

I could only stare at him in shock. I was 101% percent confused and shocked. I couldn't even think by this point and I didn't know if I wanted to. It might just lead to me saying it back.

"W-What?"

He chuckles again. "I was afraid of your response. I guess I shouldn't have told you..."

I start to struggle in Jaxon's grip, trying to pull away. "Jax, let me go." He obeyed and got off of me, sitting on the edge of his bed and hanging his head. I know he didn't like the way I responded. He was sad. More than I have ever seen him.

I sat up and crossed my legs, leaning over and placing my elbows on them. I place my hands in my hair.

"Jaxon do you even-"

"Yes, I know what love is. You may not like the fact that I'm in love with you, but don't you ever doubt it."

I looked up to meet his eyes. They're stern and tense. He wasn't exactly mad, but he was just a little irritated. And I can see why... But... Every single time he says that, my stomach explodes with fluttering butterflies. Which I don't understand. But really, I don't understand anything right now.

"Why?" I barley whisper. But it was enough for him to hear it. He gives me a sad smile. "How could I not? It's you. You're perfect."

"No. I'm not."

He reaches out and grips my chin, his eyes boring through me. "Yes you are, Sab."

I push his hand away, even though I really wanted it to stay there. "You don't know me, Jax. You can't say that bullshit."

"I know everything about you. I know you're an amazing dancer, I know you can beat up anyone with just the blink of an eye because you are good at and love fighting. I know you make straight A's in school. I know you're bestfriends with Bri Peterson. I know you're favorite color is black, you love it when I call you princess, you love cheese-itz and your mom more than anything. I know why you never showed you were Peaches. You have a bad habit of picking your fingernails which is why you never have them painted, you always pick it off. I know everything about you, Sabrina! And I still think you're perfect."

"No!" I stood up, pointing at him. "You don't know everything about me! You have no clue as to why I even fought in the first place! You don't know the real reason as to why I have to stay here tonight! You don't even know that I hate my father and am glad I haven't seen him in years! You don't know why he left either or what even fucking happened to me as a child! You know basics! That's not me!"

"Then tell me! Tell me every little detail about you because guess what, princess? I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. So buckle up."

I pull my hands into balls of fury. How dare he talk to me like this! The little fucker!

"Oh my god! Why do you love pissing me off?! Is that your goal in life?!"

He stands up right in front of me. And now instead of having to look down, I have to look up to see him. He looks over me, close enough that he could just lean down and kiss me.

"My goal in life is for you to see how much I fucking love you. I'm not asking you to love me back, I wouldn't force you to say that if you didn't mean it.... I'm just asking for you to see me. And see my love for you."

I felt like crying honestly.

But in the other hand I wanted to scream.

"Ugh! Stop confusing me!" I push him by the shoulders and he falls onto the bed. I run my hands through my hair. "Confusing you?! What am I doing?!"

"I thought you hated me! And now all of a sudden you're in love with me?! It doesn't fucking add up Jaxon!"

"I've loved you more than just recently! I just haven't told you! And this is why! I knew you wouldn't love me back so why did I even think I had a chance?"

"Who said I didn't love you?!"

He stops, his face relaxing. "Wait... You love me?"

I crossed my arms, still pissed. "Maybe. But I fucking hate you too."

He smiled a little, standing and mocking my pose. "That's pretty contradicting, princess."

"Shut up, Jax. You're the one who put this all on me at one time."

"Because I want to be honest with you, Sab. I hate holding that back."

"You want to be completely honest?" He nods slowly at me. I put on my game face. "Then tell my why I couldn't go upstairs. What's up there?"

"Baxon..."

"That's it?"

He avoids eye contact. "And my father..."

"What's wrong with them?"

He sighs and turns around. And that's when I remember that he had his shirt off, showing off all of him. I swallowed.

"Look closer and you'll see." I did as told and leaned closer to his perfect skin. I gasped at what I saw. There were tiny scars all across his back. They weren't fresh, I knew what those looked like. But these were healed over, and it definitely left scars.

"They did this to you?"

"No. My dad did. Baxon is just an annoying ass. But I learned that if I just went down here and stayed, he wouldn't bother me. I'm not in his way, he's not on mine."

I place my palm on his back, and he lightly flinches. "Guess me and you have more in common than I thought."

"What?" I sigh and turn around, pulling up my hair so the nape of my neck showed. That one time my dad cut me, was right here on my neck, stretching from right under my ear, to where my shirt started. It wasn't that noticeable unless you looked close enough.

I felt Jaxon's body heat on my back as he stepped closer.

"I'm gonna kill him."

I sighed and turned around. "No you're not. He did this once. All the other scars are from you." He looks in my eyes, sad. I know he regrets it. I can see it just by looking at him.

"I'm sorry... I've never said it before... But I'm sorry I ever started hurting you. And I hate myself for it now..."

I shrug. "You made up for it." He smiled at me. And it was then that I made up my mind...

❤✴❤✴

I love you guys, but I'm gonna leave it here! Don't forget to vote! XD

-Jordan