two • trust issues

I haven't updated in a while omg sorry

It had been one of my socially awkward moments. Like when your on the phone with that awkward relative. Except it was a stranger, and she was alone. With a baby. And we didn't even know or trust each other.

"What's it been like for you?" I looked up at her wide eyed, she had broken the silence between us.

"Oh..well, not easy if that's what you mean.."

My mind kept racing. Thoughts echoing. His voice still lingered in my mind like he was with me.

"I know that look..I'm, sorry for asking." She apologized.

I'm terrified to ask her to join her quest to survive. Survival of the fittest. I want to beg for her and I to become that cliché friend that clicks in two seconds just because they hate the
same person. Something about Clementine just makes me trust her.

"Its okay. We all have been through tough things and who am I to say that someone else hasn't been through worse?"

She looked at me with her delicate, torn apart, former innocent green orbs.
"I was in a group. Until someone made a mistake and it got others killed. People just can't even think that when they make a wrong decision they make it worse for everyone.." I spoke towards her.

Why. Am. I. Venting.

"Look I'm not supposed to be doing this. But we need more people. I need someone like you. But we can't just trust you that easily. There's an abandoned camp with food. For AJ mostly. Canned and rice. Adding with this stuff and the greenhouse...it'll last us a while. You in?"

The words I had been pleading to escape my lips and to express to her was simply said in a matter of seconds.

"I'm in. But I understand. I'lol prove myself, whatever. You wanna know something , fine. I can shoot. I know a few medical things so I'm not completely useless."

She chuckled. "Good."

As soon as we arrived at the camp we fed AJ some of the baby formula that was in the storage rooms.

"Let's go see if the walls are alright. We also need to keep posted around..we need eyes....I need my people back.."
Clem whispered to me.

"Me too Clementine. It'll get easier. Tonight I'll take watch then in the morning we can just switch jobs, I'll get us some food out and set the greenhouse up. Or we can just do the jobs separately?"

"We'll figure that out later." Clementine replied casually. "But remember. I don't know if people from this camp are alive or not. But I'm very sure they aren't. But if they come back..we need to make it clear that it's ours now."
I nodded. I was a little confused but I wasn't going to ask. Maybe she was from this camp?  Who knows. Right now I need to focus on earning my keep with Clementine and hopefully learning about her.

    That's when all of a sudden my eyes were covered by a black fabric and I couldn't speak, as I felt my body being taken away.