Chapter 21

Riley

I walked into art class and my heart jumped. I hadn't seen Him in six days and there he was, sitting next to a pretty brunette. But something felt different about him. He looked like he had lost a little weight, his hair was ruffled, and he wasn't wearing his usual apparel. Today he had on jeans and a baggy sweatshirt. Even his mannerisms with the female he was talking to seemed off about him. He was too nonchalant; too cool.

I caught a glimpse of his chocolate brown eyes. They held my gaze for a good second before flicking back to the girl's. Even his gaze seemed cruel.

I sighed and sat down at my usual table, alone. Malachi had walked me to class but was still with bis girlfriend. He said that she looked good on his reputation, that he couldn't simply just drop her because he was inlove with me...

In love with me... Odd isn't it? I thought about how long I have loved my brother, but since Danny came into the picture I simply just don't know. That day at the crime scene, which is still being investigated, I acted on an impulse...

I felt my stomach churn at the thought. I doubled over my table and winced. Danny... Had just given me these bracelets... Had just gathered the courage to ask me out... He was there for me when Malachi wasn't... But Malachi was... He is my best...

Oh no.... I felt my stomach continuously churn now. I felt bile in my throat, and a sudden tear took a stroll down my cheek.

I stood up, my mind spinning. Eyes were on me now. My hands gripped my stomach.

"Riley?" The art teacher, I hadn't noticed, had been up in the front of the room, writing on her chalk board.

"Leaving..." I heard myself grumble under my breath.

"Honey, where are you..—" the door shut before she finished.

Danny

"Do you think he is okay?" Monica whispered under her breath.

"He will be fine." I smiled at her, though he did look awfully pale.

What did I care. Its not like he kept me in mind when he was feeling up on his brother's mouth....

His brother...

My fists clenched as I looked up at the teacher, simply staring. My mind was on Malachi. He took my baby from me. I didn't even have a chance. He just stole him from me; the sad part is, I was watching while he did it.

Ugh. That pisses me off.

"Huh?" Monica was looking at me. "What pisses you off? Are you okay?"

"Oh. Yeah." My knuckles had turned white and I had apparently been talking out loud. "I am fine."