Chapter 20

Danny
My phone rang for days it seemed like. I laid in bed, one leg down and the other knee up, watching porno on my tv. I had one hand in my pants, simply resting there while I held the tv remote in my other hand.

Knocks came at the door. I paused the video and took my hand out of my pants. I opened the door to find my mom standing, her hands on her hips. "Don't you have school mister?"

"Yeah."

"And why haven't you gone? Numerous different times? Are you skipping school? I just got a call from your school saying you have been missing a lot of school lately and you haven't been to your art class. Is it becau—"

—" No mom. Its fine. I'll go to school tomorrow. Kay?"

"Danny Ray. Don't you talk to your mother that way. You still live in my house hold. What in the world happened to my straight A, no absences, no tardies, good boy?"

"He died." I shut the door and returned to my bed. I was just about to turn the video back on when my phone rang.

"Oh look. Pussy Boy. Again." He had called me nonstop since I had left my bracelet five days ago. The one day I did go to school, I caught a glimpse of him wearing both bracelets. I have been ignoring him since the incident. Surely he would get the hint that I refuse to talk to him.

The phone stopped ringing and immediately started up again. I sighed and slid my hand from my pants, taking the phone into my hand.

"Danny? Are you listening?" I answered and stayed silent. "I am so sorry for what happened. You don't understand. Please... Say something. Be mad at me. Yell at me. Scream. Do anything... Something...."

I cleared my throat and heard a giddy giggle in excitement. "I knew you—"

"Listen. Do not worry about me for one day I will take what you did to me and use it as strength. I will take that strength and harden myself once again. I will be both mentally and emotionally stable the next time I open myself up to someone. On that day, not only will I forgive you, but I will thank you for what you did. I will find a way. I always find a way."