"We are taking the long way home."

~5sos~
Dedicated to all those who as experienced something quite harsh on their inner souls.. You inspire whether you know that you do or not and I love people like these, people like you.
Enjoy the chapter!

Laura's point of view.

"I don't remember anything." He said.
I thought it was all one big nightmare.
Like a sense of de ja vu. Been there done that kind of feeling. However, I don't know what to feel nor what to do. I feel shock and tons of aniexity wash over me. Worry. Is what I feel mostly. I look at his stern features. His face grim and his lips are thin. He looks up and eyes catch. I notice that he had grown new length to his hair, but there is still shape to it. I cup his face searching for sincerity. He looks down again. I finally muster all the words I can handle at the moment.

"Ross, What did you do?"
He groans and hides his face in neck his breath shaky. What was going on?
"I don't remember that either, these past months seem to be some type of blur." His eyes glazed over and his voice thick.
He ducks his head deeper into side of my neck. "But now, I want it to be clear."

"What has gotten into you?" "You know I'm calling Riker."

"No." He was voice was sharp.

"Why?" I ask. "He is your brother, he will help you out.

"Cause." He his voice now small.

"Fine, then I'm calling Rydel." I threaten.

"Please what is she going to do ? Cover me in tickle me pink." He scoffs.

"No, she will talk to Riker for me." I clearly state.

"Not without a phone. No you won't." He digs and grabs my phone out of my pocket.

He smirks silently gawking at my old flip phone.

"Why do you still have this old, boxy thing."A little old school don't you think?"He has a hint of mockery in his voice.

"Hey! Don't make fun of my phone. It comes in handy." I sightly smile.

"How so?"

"I keep this one, for my love ones , so that I know I can always get a hold them .

"Who's in your contacts ?" From the sound of his voice he sounded.. Antsy? A hint of worry? Aha jealousy.

"My mom, Rydel, and this kid named Shor.

"Oh really now? If you send another text to this guy I'll beat him up." He glared clutching my phone.

I try to bite back a snort. "Go ahead beat yourself then."

"Oh boy , am I going to. I planning his furneral right now- wait. WHAT?!"

"You my dear, were planning to beat yourself up. I think you need to deflate your jealousy levels just a bit."I laugh.

"Yeah. Yeah. Your not getting your phone back." He shaked his head going silent.

"What give it back! I'll jump you when you least expect it."

"Need I remind you I kidnapped you only using one hand. All the while your friend was just yelling to bring you back."

"Or as I like to call it, "Kidnapped to meet the relatives. (Third Wheel reffernce ;) )

Silence falls and something is now stuck in my mind.

"Ross?"

"M'yeah?" He looks towards me. Raising an eyebrow.

"We need to get you home." I state. No room for discussion right now."

"Right now?" And why me?"

"You know exactly why, just, don't ask questions right now." "Do you have plane tickets? Cash?" I ask.

He shakes his head with a no. The cafe. We left our stuff there or he did I didn't.

"Looks like we are going to have to drive." I say.

"The long way home?" He asks.

It is going to be the long way home.

"And Ross?" I'm still talking to Riker.

"I don't want to remember Laura .. It is going to catch fire like kerosine." He shakes his head.

"Well it is a good thing that we are taking the long way home." " We will get through it."

....

Hello. How are you. Short chap sorry. So if you read my last authors note I have been getting hate.. It makes me sad. So vote and comment and share.. I'm sorry for updating.. I'm a horrible writer... Bye.