Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

We went through the same halls Zack had led me before. In a way, I was reminded of a castle. It was almost like walking through the Beast’s Castle in the west wing in Kingdom Hearts II. The ivory colours with those tiny stains that are beautiful on walls provided that that’s how it’s supposed to look, the marble, the stones pillars and the statues. Even the tiles on the ground--They were tiled like black and white diamonds and along the edges by the wall it was dark beige to keep the design intact without having to take up the entire floor. Not everything is black and white, you know.  Further down there was a staircase with a red carpet overtop to keep us from slipping but that wasn’t the way we were going.

We turned into a hallway that looked to be a dead end.  Actually, the hall wasn’t a hall. This turn, we actually stepped in water! The only problem I have with this that that I don’t like wet socks very much. Don’t mind wet feet or shoes, just not socks. There was an entryway behind a red tattered curtain which had a very familiar design on it! The curtain had the flame in the middle and encryptions all around like the door to get to Merlin’s place in the original game. How the two got mixed together, I don’t know, but I can see where this is leading to!

The water drained down a different path, though it’s a wonder why it was flowing inside the school like that anyhow. We followed the pathway down to the bottom. Really I don’t know how these guys do it, all this walking or running and fighting and stairs! My gosh, getting around this school will be twice the workout I had from just going up and down between three floors. I’m really lazy so if it was the me from a few days ago, I might have already been exhausted. I’ve never been so happy about Mako for what it does to one’s body as much as now.

“Wow, I never thought I’d see this place again, or at least come here for real.” I admitted out loud, breathlessly. “I thought it was cool in the game but seeing it for real and not in 64-bit graphics or whatever it was that they used, it’s just so…so real!”

It’s just like I remembered: the six stone steps that magically move right and left when you go near them, the whole place surrounded the water, the house with light purple bricks in a potbelly-like shape but damaged. There were two windows on each side at the front, surrounded by green grass.  The broken banner-like thing with green pillars holding it up--small brown triangles at the top with two semi-big brown egg-like shaped squares at the bottom. The front has a boarded up entrance with a tattered red curtain like a triangle on the right side, with a triangular decorative frame at the top of it, two stone owls on the side of it and gray stairs lead up towards it. Second floor has itself in a little bowl shape on top of the first, with it being circled by a green tiles and pillars holding it up, showing three or four windows at first, with golden pillars like the ones in the top floor, only when jutted out at the end, it reaches to the middle and curls. The top has purple trimming at the top, with it lines with gold at the bottom and a flower in the center. And, on the left side, is a birdhouse blowing around in the breeze. The roof looks like a red witch’s hat, with it showing three windows at the top, and a pumpkin colored and shaped umbrella at the left side and on the right has a pipe which is the chimney with two sticks at the ends, holding a leaf, maybe? And a string to hold a purple umbrella blowing in the breeze. The tip of the hat has a blue witch’s hat as a weathervane. It’s surrounded by walls of rock, and at the top, you can see the stars in a huge opening.

Sora stretched, bringing his hands behind his head. “Yeah, this place brings back a lot of memories, learning to use magic. I always wondered what became of this place when Merlin moved to Hollow Bast—I mean, Radiant Garden. First time we found this place, Goofy accidentally knocked me into the water!” he laughed.

I did too. “Seems smarter to just swim across. I can’t imagine making huge leaps with those two and such huge shoes. That’s what I always did. In the original game, Sora’s jumps were absolutely atrocious sometimes. It was hard to navigate.” I huffed before realizing what I had just said and who I said it to! I covered my mouth. “I’m so sorry, Sora, I didn’t mean--!”