Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Back to your p.o.v.

Vanitas had gotten up and just started walking without a word. I debated whether to follow him or not. Vanitas could just be trying to get away from me or he could actually be going to where I’m supposed to go as well. No matter how you look at it, just standing around wasn’t going to get me anywhere. I put the schedule back in Kairi’s bags and hurried along.

We turned in the pod at the very end of the hall and there were lots of English-subject related fliers on the wall so this must be the right one. Vanitas just walked straight down and walked into the room in front of him like nobody’s business. I looked at the numbers on the passing doors as I followed: 305, 304, 303…

I stood in front of the door he entered. “Three, oh…two,” I muttered. “He’s in my class. This can’t be good.” It was then I noticed the conversation inside.

“Mr. Vanitas,” a stern voice stopped him in the middle of his tracks, literally. He was in the center of the room. The teacher, he looked more like a professor. And boy, was this going to suck. He was professional, nit-pick clean…and sixty. His suit was formal black with a silk tie, blue and beige, kind of like the school. The crest was on his suit too. His glasses held up somehow at above the tip of his nose. His hair was thinning and fading to white from a light blond and his blue eyes were locked on Vanitas. “Late again, are we?” he asked. “I have told you many times, tardiness is not permitted in this school, nor my class. You may have the brain to achieve the top grades in the room it seems, but your motivation lacks the self-regulation and initiative. Perhaps I can convince the principal and the head of the school board yet again, to re-think their decision about letting you run amok in this school when not permitted in classes.” Why can’t he get detention? But then again, would that be a good idea? That was when I came into his attention. “And who are you?”

“(Name)!” It was then that I noticed Sora and Ventus come out of their seats in the back, waving like the goofs they are. I waved to them, lightly. Of course that brought the rest of the class’s attention to me which was a little creepy, seeing as most of them were Boarders already looking down on me.

I walked closer to the teacher, bringing out my schedule to show him that I belong here. “Uh, I’m (Name) (Last name), I’m new.”

He leaned down to look at my schedule, holding his glasses by the tip on the right side. “So it seems. It seems that you do not understand that tardiness is not acceptable behaviour in school, Miss.” I was going to say that I didn’t know my way around the school yet but he didn’t give me any time to. “It also seems that I was not informed of this. I told the board that it was unfit for a bartender to work as a principal. She’s far too brutal to handle such a job for a fine school such as this one. But then again, there are secrets about this school. Secrets should not be kept from the view of the better authority.” He told, to no one in particular but more-so to himself more than anybody. I was taken back by his comment about Tifa. What does he know about her? I saw Sora was getting irritated in his seat too. He set back his posture, and straightened his tie. “I need to address the principal now. Place 100 munny on my desk in order to take out a package on the shelf of the necessary requirements for the semester.

And with that he turned away from me and towards the phone. Vanitas dropped bag. “Look old man if you’re going to lecture me and then ignore me—” and with that, the phone rang.

Just in time, Sora stepped in. “Van!” he turned to face Sora, surprisingly. “You know the story we read in the blue book, yesterday? Turns out we have to make a comparison paragraph on the characters.” Sora walked over and got two of the blue books from the shelf on the left. He handed one to Vanitas.

Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara