Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Pure darkness. That’s all I saw, nothing but black. It was a vast amount of nothing yet I was standing on something…I think. I got down on my knees and touched tried to touch the floor. My hand was able to hold me up yet when I use my free hand to find the floor...nada.

My eyebrows furrowed together. “Gee, thanks for being no help, floor. If that’s what I’m even standing on?” I shook my head and got up. I started to walk. It was nerve wrecking because it was an abyss of darkness. I can’t even hear my own footsteps and they’re usually loud enough to hear.

Yeah, sneaky isn’t exactly my forte.

But noticing things is. I realized that I could see myself just fine. “What kind of joke is this? There’s nothing out here, but I can see myself just fine!” I called out. I could hear sounds now, like a machine.

“Huh, she figured that out pretty quick.” A voice called out. “Ow, what!?” Wait…That voice was familiar.

“You dummy! That’s not the point! This thing is broken again! She’d be seeing a lot more by now if you would just help!” another one yelled.

I knew that voice too. But where? I crossed my arms to think, holding my chin. A man who is supposed to be fixing something and a woman that put him down…Hey, I know these people! “Kite and Ira! Where are you guys?!” I asked, calling out for the two who kidnapped me and put me on the Dream-Train.

The sounds stopped for a moment until I hear a microphone drop. I plugged my ears from the feedback. “Did she just call me, ‘Kite?’” the guy asked, in disbelief. “She called me ‘Kite!’ a kite! Ow!”

“Work! Her memory’s just a little foggy about what happened. She messed up my name too, you know? You don’t see me mad now, do you?” she asked, with strained teeth. Oops, I got their names wrong.

“Tell that to the can you just crushed—ow!” Wow, he really doesn’t know what to say to this girl.

“Anyways, no, you’re right (name). Technically you shouldn’t be in the dark right now—we’re having malfunctions again.” Wow, does this happen often? “But—It’s not just us, rest assured…Maybe up to five other people have this problem right now? Anyways, it’s because your imagination and creativity is really strong and the kinks haven’t all been figured out on this yet—ah, here we go!”

The room turned white, and I was in a box. It’s a good thing that I stopped walking when I did earlier—I would have walk straight into the wall. And the colour wasn’t exactly white. It was like a really dark white, but not gray either. All the shadows of the corner creases, now that was gray. I turned around to see a black chair in the middle. It casted three shadows. I looked up, studio lights on the ceiling. There was no door out of here.

I waited until something very familiar appeared before me. A broken, translucent field. Rather than my book inside of it, it was the two people from the Dream-Train. They wore the exact same clothes.

The field was gone and they came out, arguing still. Once they noticed I was staring, they stopped. The girl stepped out. “It’s good to see you again. How was your first day?” she asked, walking over to me.  She lead me over to the chair to sit. She crouch down, knees up to her chest with gleaming eyes. She definitely knows that I had fun. The guy was just pacing around, his hands holding the back of his head.

“You sent me…To a world mixed with worlds. You sent me to the ultimate paradise.” I explained, breathless. “But why? For how long?” I knew they would be the ones who knew how to get me home. But at the same time, did I really want to go home? My parents must be worried.