Chapter Eighty-Eight

Start from the beginning

One of the guards slowly pulled out a blaster and pointed it directly at the face of my mask. I refrained from scoffing; I knew that if he tried to shoot me I could easily stop the bullet from hitting me using The Force, and if I somehow couldn't achieve that simple feat, my mask was bulletproof. This gun directed at my head served as no threat to me whatsoever. 

"Stand up." The guard ordered. 

I hesitated before complying merely because I hate taking orders from invalid leaders, but I thought of Nira and what the consequences for her might be if I didn't listen to what the guards told me to do. I reluctantly got to my feet, straightened my posture, and glared the guard down. I knew exactly how menacing I looked, because I reached into his mind with The Force and saw only terror.

"Get on the slate." The guard instructed; this time around, his voice held less confidence.

I glared at him for a few more seconds before slowly walking over to the slate. I looked at it for several long moments. I knew what I was doing to myself by voluntarily climbing onto the slate. I was going to be tortured.

I hated the feeling of knowing that I was going to be tortured. I knew that horrible pain was coming. I couldn't stand the thought of it. I wasn't afraid of the actual pain, but I was afraid of being rendered useless in some way. The Execution and Senator Shihan could do so many things to me that would make me completely helpless and unable to lead my organization; I could only imagine a few of the horrendous possibilities, all of which made me shudder. 

"Now, Ren!" The guard called out, poking my back with a gun. 

I slightly turned my head back in a threatening manner, as if I were going to turn around and hurt him (which I was seriously considering). I took one more moment of hesitation before climbing onto the slate and situating myself so that the restraints could be sealed. 

Immediately after I was motionless the guards lurched forward and strapped me in. I rolled my eyes as they were doing so, because I knew that restraints were useless on me. I could easily use The Force and free myself. 

Yet, I couldn't; even if I did escape, I would have to defeat all of the guards in my room, and then all of the guards in Nira's and free her too. I was sure that that wouldn't be too difficult, but then I remembered all of the warriors that were in the big trap room where we had been kidnapped. I figured that they couldn't be that far from where we were then. Escape would only result in recapturing and further injuring for Nira and myself. 

As soon as I was strapped in, the guards left the room. 

I was so tempted to escape, but I knew that the guards couldn't have trailed off that far, either. I was positive that an escape attempt could only end up being a failed escape attempt.

Instead, I sat in the silence and anticipation of torture for hours on end, waiting for more enemies to enter the room. 

*****

Finally someone entered my cell. It was none other than Senator Shihan himself, followed by eight guards and two men in lab coats. I took a moment to slowly look at all of them, size them up, and determine exactly how long it would take for me to kill them if I needed to. 

I estimated that it would take me about roughly fifteen seconds to slaughter all eleven people in the room, especially because The Execution had not confiscated my lightsaber yet; the weapon was still securely lodged onto my utility belt. 

The guards crowded the edges of the room, the two scientists stood off to the side, and Shihan slowly prowled in front of me. He stalked up to my restraints, and slowly grinned.