02

Two: A new start?

Chae Mi's parents whispered and discussed with her. They decided to let her choose who she wants as a sibling.

"Eomma, appa. Can I have him to be my brother?" She pointed at Nam Joon.

He turned his head towards her direction, bewildered and confused.

Her parents looked at him for a while and whispered to each other. Soon, they came to an agreement as they found Nam Joon very suitable as he looked much of someone sensible.

Mr Kim approached the parents and introduced him, "This is Nam Joon. Well, he is very much cherished by my wife and I and we treat him as our son." He smiled, "He has always been a good boy and filial. I don't mind giving him to you because I believe that he deserves a good future and a happy family."

Mrs Kim then came along and asked Nam Joon, "Do you want them as your new parents?"

Nam Joon felt completely lost. He had always thought that he would live with Mr and Mrs Kim. However, today proved otherwise. He didn't want to leave Mrs Kim. He started to walk away and hid at a corner of the church.

"I'm so sorry, he must be very surprised." Mrs Kim apologised, "Ill talk to him, so please be rest assured."

"It's okay, no child would readily agree to this sudden question." Mrs Yoon, Chae Mi's mother  smiled, "Maybe you'll get back to me in a few days?"

"Oh sure, Mr and Mrs Yoon. We'll give you a call when he's more or less ready." Mr Kim thanked the couple as they walked to the exit with Chae Mi, "Thank you for coming!"

As they reached the exit, Chae Mi tugged Mr Kim's shirt, "Mr Kim, could you please ask Nam Joon to be my brother? I really like him!"

Mr Kim smiled and replied, "I will do so, dear."

The Yoon family left and they saved goodbye to Mr Kim.

Meanwhile, Nam Joon was bewildered as a certain girl kept clinging onto him, refusing to let him go until her parents had to force her to leave. He was not used to such attention, especially from the opposite gender. 

"Amazing, my boy. Seems like you're leaving this orphanage soon." Mr Kim said, interrupting Nam Joon's train of thoughts.

He was pretty unsure whether leaving the orphanage would be a good thing but one thing for sure, he was not prepared to live with..

Strangers.

Whom he had to call as family from now on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Author's Note:

I've left this platform for a while now and came back to reminisce the good times and realised that this story was left unfinished. I will complete it soon and I hope you will enjoy.

Thank you ^^