Yeah, he'd take great care of me.

-

I grabbed a few essentials and put them in my bag whilst an impatient Tyler kept pacing around our living room, calling my name every ten seconds. It was beginning to get cold outside so I wrapped myself in my coat and buttoned it up, leaving the top one undone. I ran downstairs and said goodbye to my parents before making my way out.

My Dad had set a few rules:

1) Always keep my phone on incase they tried to ring me.

2) If I extended my road trip, I would let him know straight away along with why it was taking longer.

He wouldn't have said that if Tyler wasn't with me and his last rule just proved he didn't trust him.

3) Stay away from Tyler.

It was as simple as that. He also wanted me to take pepper spray but that was a little extreme. Tyler wouldn't get anywhere near me and I didn't need pepper spray to make sure of that.

"Catch," Tyler said as he tossed my car keys towards me. He must have taken them from the table without me noticing. I easily caught them and gave him a confused look.

"You're actually letting me drive?" I happily asked.

He scoffed. "Yeah right, I don't intend to die. We're taking my car."

"Hey! I am a great driver. You've never let me so you wouldn't know," I argued. "And why yours?"

"Of course baby girl," he said sarcastically, "and because it's better. You finished?" he asked as he walked away. Actually, I wasn't but he obviously didn't want to hear anymore.

Five minutes later, Alec arrived in Tyler's car and handed him the keys. They seemed to be in a disagreement of some sort or arguing over something but I couldn't make out what and I didn't want to seem nosey by intervening.

"Let's go," Tyler shouted to me and got in his car, slamming the door shut. Alec raced towards me and started talking.

"Arissa, you have to convince Tyler to let me come along!" he exclaimed. I was confused. Why on earth did he want to come along? "I'm really worried about Heidi, please," he persisted.

"Hold up! How do you know about her?" I questioned.

"You did blurt it out infront of us all," he reminded me.

Crap. How did I forget? I was such an idiot. In the heat of the moment I ended up telling them all, including that redhead I wasn't very fond of.

"Oh yeah.." I muttered.

"Please, he won't listen to me!" He seemed really desperate, whatever the reason was.

"If he doesn't listen to you, he definitely won't listen to me. Why do you even want to come?" I questioned very curiously.

"I like her obviously," he moodily replied as if I should have known. "Have done for a while now," he added quietly. "Tyler just thinks I want to bed her but-"

"Well, don't you?" I interrupted. "I know what you're like, you and Tyler are the same. You play with girls' hearts and that's it. You would never know what a serious relationship is... Or how it feels."

He sighed. "I don't blame you for not believing me but I promise you, I really do like Heidi. It's not about getting in her pants and I wouldn't to that to Tyler or her. Please, you really think I would do this for any other girl?"

He had a point, Alec wasn't the type to travel hours just for a girl— no matter how amazing that girl might be. Still, Tyler would never ever listen to me. He didn't like me in the slightest.