Follow the White Rabbit

"I'll take first watch, sleep Leo." I said as we stopped to make camp just outside the springs which was about 47 miles away from where we landed and got away from Ari and his minions.

Leo nodded, falling face first into the sleeping bag. I stared at the moon for a moment then at Leo, who was slightly snoring.

"The moon sees what can't be seen the sun knows the unknown, but the stars follow both commands, sees the unseen, knows the unknown yet stays innocent to the point."

I kept counting the stars and thinking of Ari until dawn when Leo jumped awake.

"What did you dream this time Lee?" I asked worried already making breakfast.

Yawning, Leo got some of the eggrolls I had made. "I was flying with this girl, Max, I believe, she was flying to some cliffs. Her shoulder was wounded along with her wing but she kept flying like if she was to meet some people. When she got to the cliff there was a strawberry blonde guy, a blonde boy," he stopped to eat the roll then continued telling me. "And there was a guy who looked like you in some sense, and a girl who's face or front I could never see--Nudge--YEAH! That was her name! So she landed on the cliffs and she started to talk about saving a girl named Angel and then something crashed into my dream self making me wake up."

I chewed on the eggroll slowly thinking of the information I got from his dream.

"Well wake me up when it's five--BUT THAT'S ONLY THREE HOURS OF SLEEP!--we need to move quickly if we want to get to I-Tech on time." I said smirking making Leo smiled brightly.

"Nudge," Max said under her breath. "Gazzy. Don't look up. In three seconds, jump over Fang and out that exit door." I looked around, I was in a fast-food restaurant. Nudge twitched her fingers showing me that she was listening, looks like Max didn't get the memo. Then Gazzy and Nudge practically crashed through the fire door. Everything was chaos until the van they entered crashed.

"Report," Max called weakly. "Okay here," I heard Fang and Nudge say. "I feel like, like pudding," Iggy groaned."I feel sick," Gazzy said, his face white, lips pale and bloodless. Crash! "Run!" I saw as Max, Nudge, and Fang where captured by the hybrids.

My eyes fluttered open as Leo was about to wake me up. I smiled seeing him still here with me instead of being separated like Max and her group. "Morning Lee."

~~~~~~~~

"I guess we'll make it to the institute in about two minutes if we vapor or flame travel. So what do you want to do?" I asked Leo taking a long gulp from my water bottle.

"Let's use our powers, the faster we get there the closer we'll be to finding Monique and Evan." And he bursted into flames to California. I rolled my eyes fondly then vapor traveled to Leo's side. We were in front of a white building, it seems like a regular research lab, we glanced at each other and walked through the glass doors.

The hallways were white giving it a hospital look, there was no one in the first floor, not even an assistant. I was feeling uneasy about this place when I felt some life forces below us.

"Leo--yeah?--below." A look of realization crossed Leo's face. We walked to an elevator until it said some words from the speaker.

"Name and business."

"Umm--Jeb Batchelder, I'm here to see experiment AWR007." I cut Leo off saying it in the same voice as Jeb.