Freak Week Chapter 3

Dear Robot/Disaster/Dramatic Diary, 

I apologize for the lack of updates. I got cello'd. As Marmie stated, I got cello'd hard. I am currently sporting the hottest fashion trend of the season smack dab in the middle of my forehead – a bruise. With a splash of dark blueish grey, and a hint of pink, I am all set for spring! Just another war wound from Freak Week 2021.

Save me RD³. If my bruise isn't embarrassing enough, I almost confessed my undying love for Crush yesterday. Luckily, I dodged that bullet and was saved by a cello.

The creepy janitor, Mr. Peter Spellington, or as Marmie likes to call him – Mr. SMELLington, joined us last night in classic creepy janitor fashion – arriving unannounced. Smellington is 62-years-old and his face resembles that of a Bloodhound, wrinkles and shifty sunken eyes included. I don't think I have heard him say more than twenty-five words since freshman year. Plus, he smells like a mixture of mothballs and bleach, hence Marmie's name for him. Overall, he gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Smellington claims he hunkered down in the sports shed on the football field when Freak Week began, then saw lights on in the basement and decided to see who was down there.

I have reservations about why he was on the football field. The timing just doesn't add up!

I digress, Dramatic Diary, which as you know, is your new name for reasons below.

The music sung day 2 of Freak Week to sleep, and we awoke to a melodrama. You know those shows your grandma calls "soaps" and watches during the day? Yeah, those. Fortunately for us, day 3 of Freak Week cast us in one.

I welcome you to The Melodrama of Greatway High School!

Well, that is what I am calling it.

Lace closed her diary quietly and slid it under a dusty shelf.

"LACE! LACE!" Banana is rushing towards Lace waving a piece of paper in the air. Marmie, Harry, and Crush are quick to follow.

"Look what Crush found!"

Banana smashed the piece of paper into Lace's hand.

"Y'all, it must have flown in with Smellington last night!" Shouts Marmie.

"Greetings Harry, Lace, Crush, Marmie, Banana and Mr. Kevin," What, it knows our names? Lace thought. "Congratulations on surviving day one and two of Freak Week. Quite easy, right? Or so you think. Moving forward, you will need to work to survive Freak Week," What is this? Work how? What is happening? Who wrote this? Sweat starts to form on the bridge of Lace's jittery nose. "Each day, for the rest of Freak Week, you will all be given a task. If that task is not completed within 24 hours, another day will be added on to Freak Week," This has to be a joke. Lace thinks nervously. "Each task gets harder with a new day. If you think this is a joke, you are in for a long week. I will give you all some advice, don't you dare fluff that duck! Your task begins NOW! Go find it. Good luck."