Chapter 28 Dead

Gerard's pov

Where the hell is he? It's past midnight and we haven't heard from him.Besides we're risking ourselves for him cause Jersey really isn't a place you would wanna go for a walk at night.

"Gerard." I turn to face Ray and Bob,both of them exhausted to death "Let's just go home dude."

"No way! We have to keep looking."

"Come on man! Mikey is already asleep,we're tired,besides maybe Frank just went back to his home and is safe.While we are here almost outside of Jersey where we can get killed."

I run my fingers through my long hair and nodded. "Alright. Let's find a place to stay the night then."

Lucky for us,just a block away we found a motel and i kept glancing over to my brother who was fast asleep while Bob carried him. We entered the small room which only had two bed,so Mikey and I will share one and Ray with Bob.

I just placed my head against the pillow and drifted to sleep. Later i was woken up by gunshots right outside of our room,i opened the curtain just to peek without turning the lights on and saw a group,fighting and beating themselves to death."I hope you are okay dude"

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was woken up by my phone that started to ring, i quickly picked it up and answered it.A woman called and i recognized the voice.It was Emily's mom."I hope you had a goodnight sleep,cause the nightmares are about to begin."

She ended up the call leaving me surprised."Gee?" "Gerard what's going on?" Mikey asked this time.

"It was Emily's mom." I look at the three of them.

"I recognized her voice cause one time i heard Emily and her talking,and Em said that her mother isn't what she seems to be."

"Are you sure? You know it was her?"

"Does it look like im joking Mikey?! What if she has something to do with this hmm? Frank gone? and Emily no where to be seen."

"We do need to find them.Emily is your cousin after all and Frank is your best friend."

"Should we contact the police?"

"Nah. Bob they won't do a god damn thing." I started to pick up my bag along with the guys as they followed me outside at the motel. "Let's go and find that bitch."

~~~~~~~~~~

Emily's pov

"Are you sure you want to stay away from Jersey for a while?" Rose asked me while staring at her hands. I nodded my head a few times before responding "Yeah."

"Why?" "Cause,Rose. My mother might be out there looking for me and if she goes to Jersey,she'll go to my aunt's place,and find me or even find out who my friends are."

"I still think we should go." She said concerned. "Okay then.I don't think disappearing is the best idea...let's just find a job and work for a month then and we can leave this place." We were just a state away from Jersey but i still didn't wanted to go.I might put my friends at risk and i can't have that.

Rose drove us to a music store and lucky us they offered us a job here,i heard the sound from a sweet ass bass and saw who was playing it.A tall girl with long black hair and tattoos was playing a bass that reminded me so much of Mikey.

"Whoa where did you learn to play like that? Its so good" I finally ask making my way towards her.

"Thanks. I just learn the play it by myself,thanks to this im in a small band." She gave me a nice smile and picked up her bass.

I swear if Frank met her,he would be fascinated by her tattoos."So you from around here?"

"No.im from New Jersey."

"I figured,i would've remembered a face like yours. The name's Lindsey by the way."

She smiled as we shook hands "I'm Emily...so when did you start playing bass?"

We spent almost the entire afternoon,talking and getting to know each other. Rose and Lindsey seem to get along too so that's awesome.

"So are you traveling?"

"We were, but we're just resting up for a bit."

"Cool. Well if you guys want to i can join you in your trip besides i've always wanted to meet Jersey." "Alright then! It's settled, the three of us will go then." I smile at them and saw that my shift was off,so i headed back to hotel room.

I left my bag over by the counter and over the corner of my eye,i saw the front door open. "Rose? Lindsey are you in here?"

I begin making my way towards the door and stayed still once I saw who was there. "Mom?" i gasp and stare at her grinning at me. "My dear Emily.You just wouldn't stay quiet would you.Seems that you figured out that i killed your father and that i was the one who said that your aunt doesn't want you to live with her."

She says with that same smile on her face,i begin to slowly walk backwards as she continues to speak "No one must know that i did that...now i'm going to kill you and your friends."

My breathing began to get heavier and she laughed "Now you know what fear really is." I turned my back and began to run to grab a knife,but she pushed my away making my head hit the table,making my vision blurry.

I began to crawl to the front door but she grabbed my legs and pulled me closer to her "LET ME GO!!" I began to scream at her.

"Not yet my dear."

She yanked my hair and stabbed the knife on my shoulder then on my back.I began to sob and shout,she grabbed my shirt and met my eyes...."Sweet dreams Emily." That was the last thing i heard before passing out.