Blue had been of immeasurable help to her, and for all her rough demeanor and death threats, Sadie felt a little warmth blossom inside her at the thought of Blue giving her advice to make sure her friend's relationship didn't suffer.

"It's like you want me to kill you."

Sadie felt the warmth die an abrupt and painful death.

"I d-" Sadie immediately protested.

"You leave and he will destroy the world to get you back. You may not comprehend how deeply he cares for you, but I do. Do this without precaution and you will hurt him beyond measure." Blue turned off the stove and took the food Balthazar was making for himself, before sitting opposite Sadie. "Also, what you said, that's a statement. Not a question. Learn the difference before you bother me again."

"The last thing I want is for him to get hurt. I need time away. I need to process this on my own before I can consider this." Sadie hastily explained. "Blue, you may not understand where I am coming from. But I need to come to terms with this before I end up feeling suffocated and leave him."

"It's a very simple thing. You either want to be a part of the relationship..." Blue pinned her in place with an intense stare. "Or you don't. I would suggest not beating about the bush and getting it over with. You have to choose, and the more you delay the more complicated it gets."

"I know."

"You've already established that you are physically attracted to him, now you need to confirm the emotional."

"I can't believe I slept with him before making up my mind."

"Sex complicates things, sure. But fucking someone does not mean anything." Blue shrugged.

"You don't sleep with someone unless they mean something to you."

"Anyone can shove a dick into a vagina." Blue rolled her eyes. "Doesn't mean they have to give a flying fuck about the other person."

"Well, I am not one of those people. The people I've been with, have all meant a great deal to me." Sadie defended herself.

"There you have it." Blue gulped down her juice.

"Have what?"

"Your answer." Blue sighed. "You say you don't fuck someone till you care. You fucked Balthazar, therefore you care."

"I suppose..." Sadie stared at her dumbfounded. How did the shifter know Sadie's mind better than Sadie herself did?

"Balthazar is a big boy, I'm sure he knew what he was getting into."

"I do care for him. I just don't know if it is the sort Balthazar wants." Sadie admitted.

"And how do you expect to get to the bottom of this without exploring it?" Blue cocked her head as she studied a gaping Sadie.

"I wanted to ask you if I should bring this up with him." Sadie ignored the female's snarky remarks.

"Only one person would be able to talk him into this, and that would be you." Blue looked thoughtful. "No harm in trying. The worst he can do is claim you and imprison you."

Sadie could feel her eyes widening to the size of saucers, she had known that this request might backfire on her, but for it to happen to such an extent, had never crossed her mind. Footsteps in the hall stopped her from speaking, and she sullenly dug into her meal and tuned out Balthazar's whines of betrayal by stealing his food and Blue's suggestions for him to throw himself off a cliff and end their misery.

She had to come up with a course of action, and fast.

"Balthazar, I need to tell you something." She started off tentatively, with Blue in the same room she had a possible ally for her cause.