Chapter 21

When I wake up I realise that I just had my last night ever in the dorm room; from now on I'm going to live in a flat and I'll never go back here again. I feel so relived as the hard part is over, I am officially a member of Dauntless. There is no going back.

I get dressed and sort the little stuff I have into a small pile on my bed. I'm going to come back to grab it when I know where I live and then I am hoping to expand my possessions since I'll have a permanent place. Most people initially share as it's cheaper, easier and more fun and I know that I definitely will. Lynn, Marlene and I are all planning on living together until we meet someone and move out or feel like having our own place. Marlene was debating getting a place with Uriah, but they wanted to wait till they were definitely sure it was going to last, as they have only dated for a day or two, because it would be a bit problematic if they lived together and then broke up. I think that's also happening with my brother and Tris. Tris and Christina are sharing a flat until Tris and Christina are in a more serious relationship with Tobias and Will. Funnily because of that I think Uriah and Will are going to share for a bit as Will isn't really close with anyone else and Uriah offered as we are all a big group of friends now. A lot happened last night after we got our placements. I especially had fun with a certain brown eyed leader. I am not saying I am completely over Uriah, but I am on my way.

When I arrive at the dining hall, I see all my friends already there, including Zeke, Tobias and Shauna, all eating breakfast.

As I sit down with them, Christina asks me, "Did you know that Tris and Four was dating? As I feel like a betrayed friend and it will make me feel better if nobody else actually knew."

"Haven't you told her?" Tris asks.

"Told me what?" Christina follows up.

"Anymore questions?" I ask feeling slightly bombarded.

"What's happening between you and Aaron?" Lynn asks me with a grin.

"What 'you and Aaron'?" my brother demands.

"That was a rhetorical question Lynn, which means you don't actually ask more questions," I reply, "And now to answer your questions. I did know, but Tris didn't tell me. Four did because he's my brother, which is what Tris was asking. And nothing. Nothing's happening between us, I was just grateful that he helped me not get kicked out of Dauntless."

Lynn gives me a look, like she doesn't believe me, but they drop it.

"Everyone excited for choosing their jobs and flats?" Zeke asks, "I remember I was. This decision sticks guys so make sure you choose the right thing."

We all sit silently thinking over what we want to do. Zeke is right. We have one choice and then we can't look back.

"Shut up Zeke," Shauna says hitting him, "It will be fine and in some situations you can swap. Can't you Four."

"That was because you turned down a leadership position," Will says jealously, "How could you do that? I want to pick leader in training, but there is no way that's going to happen as only one person gets that position and I'm too far down."

"You want to do that don't you Roza?" Uriah asks.

"Yeah and I was first so no one's stopping me, especially not Peter, he's going to be annoyed," I reply.

"But he deserves it," Christina says, "I wonder what he will be like without his minions."

"He might improve," Will says, but he sounds doubtful.

"I hope he doesn't chose training initiates as I don't want to be stuck with him, if I get that job," Christina replies.

"I'll make sure he doesn't," my brother says.