Chapter 13

I walk down the corridors, turning left and right down the familiar route towards my brothers room. Since we made up I normally go here everyday after all the fights are over and we just have a nice brother sister chat. Today I fought Molly and easily beat her, I haven't lost a single fight since the one against Peter and I'm planning on not losing another, however tomorrow is the last day of fights and I haven't fought Edward yet so I am expecting to get him.

When I get to Tobias's room I unlock it with the spare key he had made for me and I see that he is already in here. I don't get how he does this, I always leave the training room first, but he always manages to get to his room first.

"Is there a secret passage from the training room to here as I'm not that slow?" I ask.

"You're just slow, just admit it." he laughs.

"If I was slow I wouldn't have only lost one fight."

"You've still got one left though, you could lose that one," my brother says with a tone of concern.

"I am fighting Edward, aren't I?"

"Yes and he's a tough opposition, it will be hard to beat him."

"Then train me," I say, "We have all of this evening and you can teach me some tricks and prove that you were actually the best in initiation."

"You doubt me?"

"You're all talk and no action. I don't know how well you can fight," I lie to help persuade him. I know that he is good, Uriah has told me all about his initiation. Him and Eric were a close match at the top, but my brother was better. I know how good Eric is and it is hard to be better than him.

"Come on then lets train, that is if your up to it," my brother says confidently.

"Great plan," I laugh as he is making it seem like it is his idea, when it was my idea the whole time.

We sneak back through the corridors and make sure that no one sees us together as that would be a bit suspicious. When we get to the training room, Tobias unlocks the door, but then locks it again after we have gone in so no one will come in on us together.

"Making sure I can't escape. Are you that bad?" I joke.

"Come on, you need to train." he says switching to teacher mode.

We start with laps and then go onto drills. Tobias is stretching me to the edge of my ability; everything has to be more accurate, stronger and faster. I can't just be good, I have to be perfect if I stand a chance of beating Edward. He has years of experience, but I have the determination and anger to win.

"Can I train with you now?" I ask, because as useful as drills are they aren't as good as fighting a real person.

"I don't know, I don't want to hurt you," Tobias says with a tone of sadness and I know that he is thinking about how Marcus hurt me and his doesn't want to be anything like him.

"But you know that if you don't train me fully that Edward will do much worse than what you will do to me as you will hold back and he won't. It's his last match. He will want to win it."

Tobias still looks reluctant, but he agrees as he doesn't want me to get hurt again like the time with Peter.

"Edward's strong," Tobias says as we circle round each other in the middle, "You can't let him hit you, but use you speed to get through his defences and out again before he strikes you." 

I nod and ponder about what he says. Kicking would be a bad choice as I can't manoeuvre my leg out quick enough, which leaves my punches. I am going to have to spot his weaknesses and attack before he even realises.