46. Nothing is okay.

With trembling hands, Zarine dialled Gareth's number

"Hey, Zarine, getting ready? James and I will be at Cristiano's in an hour," came Gareth's voice.

"Gareth, do you have any taxi service's number?"

"Uh yeah, why do you need it?"

She gulped, "Just text it to me, okay? It's really urgent."

"O-kay, but what are-"

"Thanks and please don't tell...Cristiano."

She cut the call and waited for the text. The second she got the text, she was calling the number.

***

"Hello, James?" Gareth said in the phone.

"Eww Pineapple Tree!? Why are you calling me?" James' voice flowed through. "I'm not going to be late to Cristiano's place and I have packed Zarine's gift. No need to nag me, okay?"

Gareth sighed, "Zarine just asked me for a taxi service."

"So?"

"She sounded weird and she told me not to tell Cristiano. Now, I know it's possible that she's doing some last minute surprise thing for Cris but..."

James questioned, "Weird how? Do I need to mention you're acting a bit weird too? You're catching Cristiano's paranoia or Zarine's. I don't know they're both paranoid little shits."

Gareth sighed again, "I don't know how to describe it but she sounded strange, unlike her usual happy self."

"So you didn't give her the number?"

"No, I had to give it. She asked me for it. I couldn't have refused."

James tutted, "Should have asked Cristiano first, Garry."