34. Edit out the embarassing parts

Zarine was checking her mobile during breakfast as always, an action which irritated her mother to no end

Firoza groaned, "Oh God, I wish for once my children would focus on their food instead of their mobiles but no, I had to get the most disobedient of all children as my own. I put my life and soul into making good, healthy food for them but do they appreciate it? No? Son went rushing to school without a mouthful of breakfast and daughter here is busy staring at that screen instead of her plate."

Zarine frowned and ignored this, opening the Gmail notification.

Cristiano Ronaldo: No Subject

She choked on her roti. WHY IS CRISTIANO FUCKING RONALDO EMAILING ME!? Should I open it? Of course, I should open it. What am I even thinking? "No subject"? That sounds ominous. Or really harmless. Okay, okay, I'm opening it.

From: cristianoxxx@xmail.com

To: zarineseven@gmail.com

Dear Zarine

I reached home around an hour ago and even though I still have some hours of the night left, I can't sleep. To say I miss you already would sound absurd but it's the truth. I already miss you.

I was serious, you know, when I said that you should come see a match. I know you'll love it. And I'll get to see you again. So, I have been on my laptop checking up dates and guessing which ones would suit you. I know how much you love El Clasicos and there's one in two months time. You'll probably be done with your thesis by then and maybe then, if you want, we'll meet.

I want to show Madrid to you. I want to show you my home too (I think my room is slightly neater HAHAHAHA). I want to...shit I forgot what I was going to say. This is embarrassing.

I'm trying not to ramble but it's late and lonely and I am rambling. I've heard I do that a lot. So, yeah. I'm okay. James and Gareth had a great time too and invite you to the El Clasico too. Yes, I called them because I couldn't sleep and I wanted to run my plan by them before presenting it to you. So that it didn't sound like the ramblings of someone who was awake at night, bleary-eyed as he types this.

I hope, I hope you agree to come and I hope these two months go by like two seconds because I'm sure I'm just going to miss you more as the days go by.

This sounds very, very weird and emotional and sentimental. Not cool, calm and collected at all.

Which is weird.

I don't think I'll send this to you.

You might find me weir-

The email abruptly stopped here.

WHAT NOOOO! Where's s the rest of it? Did he fall asleep while writing this? Probable, very probable. Ugh, if you miss me so much, you better finish your emails before sleep-sending them to me, Cris.

She opened the attachment. It looked like Cristiano had forwarded it from his agent. Four tickets to the El Clasico!? He invited the whole family!? It was an itinerary including plane tickets, hotel stay and match tickets. You are so not going to pay for everything, Cristiano. Wait, is this real? Am I dreaming?

"What are you staring at your phone like that for?" Firoza asked, wondrously.

"He-he-" Zarine couldn't find the words.

Her mother groaned, "So melodramatic." She snatched the phone, "Let me have a look."

That woke up Zarine alright. Have Mummy reading Cristiano's sweet, subconscious thoughts? No way.

She snatched her phone back, "Uh, nothing."

"Your expression didn't seem like nothing," Firoza remarked, shrewdly. Suddenly, suspicion seem to dawn on her, "You haven't got a boyfriend, have you?"

I wish.

"Boyfriend? No," Zarine clarified. "It's just Cristiano sent us tickets for El Clasico."

"That sweet, sweet boy. Such a lovely thought," her mother said, getting up to clear the dishes. "When is it? You know you can't go alone right? I'm not even sure if you can go yet. It's very dangerous for young, single women to travel nowadays, you know right? I'll discuss this with your father and maybe if you are a good child, we'll allow you to go with one of us."

"He invited all of us," she said.

Firoza went on with her monologue, not even hearing Zarine. "Kids these days. Always wanting to go out and running from one place to another and such a bad world too. They don't understand what us parents face, our worries..."

"And, anyway, I'm not a child, Mummy," Zarine tried to get her mother's attention. "I have the freedom to do what I like. Mummy? You aren't even listening to me."

Cristiano Fucking Ronaldo is calling you!

"Hello," Zarine said cheerfully.

"Hey, babe," his voice sounded raspy (and sexy af), as if he had just woken up. "I'm sorry, I don't know how I sent it. I was supposed to edit out the embarrassing parts before sending it. I swear, I'm not weird about-"

"I'm coming," Zarine smiled.

Cristiano seemed to take a minute to digest this, "Wait, did you say-Oh my God, you're going to come? Oh yes! I mean, that's awesome. We'll all be glad to see you."

"All?" she asked.

"The rest of the guys want to meet you too."

"Oh," she suddenly felt very shy.

He sighed abruptly, "I'm really, really sorry but if I don't get out of bed I'll never reach that damn practice. I'll call you later, okay?"

She grinned, "And if you're lucky I might pick up."

"Haha, I'm always lucky then."

[ shit Zarine is going to Madrid OMG EL CLASICO JUST IMAGINE

I want Cristiano in my life too like #zariano be so goals.

New story "Hotline Bling" featuring Olivier Giroud is NOW UP on our profile. Go check it out. You'll love it :)

Sorry about making you wait, guys. It's been a really, really busy week. Hardly slept, hardly ate, worked a lot, you get the point.

If you want the next update faster, just vote vote vote and comment to let us know what you thought of this chapter x]