27

They obeyed without protest.

It felt good, knowing that I ruled them and that even if they tried, they'd never be able to disobey me. Soon, Lucas would be back in my grasp, and I would squeeze his neck with my bare hands until his head popped. He would die in a painful way, and then I would move on to taking control of the world. I couldn't do it with Lucas still living; he'd try to get in my way like the idiot he was. But I was fine waiting. I had to get ready for the right moment to strike, and once the right moment came, I would take control of the humans, and I would make each and every single one of them obey me.

I looked at the claws that were on each of my fingers, then grinned. It was just more proof that I was incredibly powerful. Moone was a coward for not giving himself more animal features. The more animal I looked, the more powerful I looked - the more powerful I was. And those humans would fear me.

The humans didn't return for a while, and so I spent my days with the few members of my army that I had, trying to teach them to go in for the kill. They loved peace, apparently. One of them said, and I quote 'Restrain the one trying to harm, but don't kill.' Seriously? How stupid was that? If somebody attacked you, or insulted you, or made you angry, you were supposed to go in for the kill. You were supposed to aim for getting revenge, not peace. Peace was for the weak. When I ruled, there wouldn't be peace. People would randomly be killed to keep the public tense and afraid, because that was how the people were supposed to be. You were supposed to make them fear you.

I also spent time training by myself when I tired of their stupidity - which happened often. I had destroyed at least twenty of those punching bags, and not always by using my fists. It was just so satisfying to see the sand pour out of the punching bag onto the ground. I also learned how to use a sword better, and also almost destroyed a wall. My leg muscles were strong, with claws at the end of them. In the rare event that I became cornered, I could use the claws on my feet and gauge their eyeballs out. But nobody was going to catch me off guard.

I felt my muscles ache as I punched another punching bag, but I enjoyed the pain. It was good to know that I was stretching myself to my limits, and that I surpassing those limits without consequence. Several punches later, the punching bag flew off its chain. I sighed, and moved onto the next punching bag. I felt myself growing stronger, though the only way I could become truly strong was through killing. I would kill, and I would keep on killing until I was the most powerful being on the earth. Only then would my life feel whole again. Only then would I be able to feel like I could be anything.

Power was the only way.

With another well-aimed punch, I sent the punching bag sliding across the white, tiled floor. I could practically feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. It was like that everyday, and had been ever since my army had left to go find Lucas.

About a week later, I heard the large entrance door slide open, and then footsteps. My army was back, and I was not going to be pleased if Lucas wasn't there. I had my hands balled into fists as I walked out there, not daring to look up. The tips of my fingers tingled with anticipation when I smelled the air, but for a different reason. Lucas wasn't there, and so I wanted to destroy someone else in that moment. My army. I could get an army from anywhere, really, and it wasn't as if I needed any help.

"You didn't bring Lucas, did you?" I asked, stepping forwards slowly. My vision became tinted red. They were going to pay. "Tell me why you didn't bring him. You've been searching for weeks, and you couldn't find him. Are you really all that stupid? He was probably nearby, and you screwed it up. I've had it with you all. You've screwed up so many times that I'm just sick of you. And you know what happens to sick animals? They get put down."

I grabbed my sword, slashing at the chests of many people all at the same time. I knew that many of my original, lion army had gone with the humans, but I didn't care. Power was all that mattered. Power conquered all. Power over everybody was all that mattered. I slashed at all their chests, and I even clawed the bare heart of an especially annoying human. I bit at them and clawed at them, seeing how easily they were able to be defeated. My eyesight had a thick red hue to it, making it look as if the entire world was coated in blood.

I bit into the chest of a lion shifter, and kept clawing until I reached the heart. Then, I bit the heart, feeling the sweet taste of power flood me. I could feel everybody's power inside of me, wriggling. I was powerful. I was strong. I was demonic. It felt good.

I saw a group of lion creatures huddled in the corner. They were easy meat. Everybody in the building was dead. But I didn't need anybody. I was powerful. I was strong. I would find Lucas and then I would kill him. His entire bloodline would be gone. I would be free to rule the world. The door was open, and I ran out, shifting to lion. It was easier to run that way. The night was cold and dark; the perfect place for a deadly predator like myself.