4

I stared at the darkness with wide open eyes, hearing the crackle of the air conditioning above. I shot a glare at the man who was wheeling me through the building, but he took no notice. It was as if he was a robot, only obeying - or even paying attention to - his superior. I sighed, looking at the darkness yet again. I was trembling with sadness, and also with the sharp pain of longing. I knew that longing feeling well, because I had felt a fraction of that feeling whenever I got grounded. But what I was feeling while I stared into the darkness was far worse.

I wanted to cry, but my eyes wouldn't let tears flow. I wanted to let the world know that I was sad, and that I needed somebody to save me. I wanted to shout out into the darkness, and I wanted to know that there would be somebody rushing up to me to save me. I called for help, my voice just roars.

But nobody came.

I mean, what did I expect? And even... Even if there was somebody, they couldn't have helped me. At least this way, nobody would have to see me die. My heart ached, and I knew that I would die here. I knew that they would be the reason I died. I just hoped that they'd do it quickly. I didn't want to suffer.

Any hope that I had quickly left me. I had been determined to leave back in the truck, but seeing the full extent of it drained all hope from my body. I laid my head down on the cold cage floor, wanting oh so desperately for tears to flow. I couldn't bite at my nails to relieve the stress of my final moments, and I couldn't cry to let the world know that my heart ached. So what was the point anymore? Why couldn't I just... Just give up? It'd be so much easier to do that.

So I gave up. I was wheeled to a room that I couldn't see with the darkness invading everywhere. Yes, it was still dark. Then, I heard the sound of somebody flipping a switch, and the world was filled with white. Everywhere I looked, there was bright light, and my eyes tried to adjust to it after having been in the dark for so long . I could see my captors clearly after a few seconds. They were clad in black, white, and red colors, and ice cold glares decorated their faces.

"Change back," one ordered, his tone plain and emotionless.

First of all, I had no idea what he was talking about. I couldn't change back, or else I would have already done it, and I would have escaped when I had the chance. They really were idiots, weren't they? I hoped that they were delusional, and I hoped that I could trick them into letting me go. I needed to get back to mom and dad. They must've been worried sick. Typically, I was fine on my own, but being held in a cage by some deranged lunatics wasn't one of those scenerios.

"Change back, you iDiot! Do you want to be killed?" Another of the men snarled. His tone was angry, and it sounded like the voice of a tee' d off demon. I saw a flash of red and pink - yes, pink -,and he was at the cage. Metallic claws grasped the cage, gleaming under the artificial light. His black hair was slicked back, and the light gleamed off of the metal half of his face. He stared me in the eyes, and I could see that his left eye - his metal one - was lit up a bit. Red.

I tried to speak, and tried to tell him that I couldn't, but all that came out were animalistic noises.  The man, who was staring at me blankly, began to change his expression until it bore a confused look. "What?" He asked. "Don't tell me that you don't know how to change back. You're no newly-turned; I can tell from your power signature. Nothing gets past me, darling, so don't even try. Now turn back; I want to see who Moone turned, and how they got past me."

The thing was... I couldn't turn back. I wasn't sure if I could in the first place, and even if I had the ability to, I had no idea where I'd even start. I backed up against the cage as best as I could, although it wasn't an easy task in the cramped space. I glanced at the closed door, just knowing that escape wasn't an option.

"You know what, kid? There's no time for your foolish antics." He whispered. "I'm going to unlock this cage, and when I do, I want you to run out of here. I'll be right behind you, so don't worry about leaving me in the dust. I'm much faster than Iook." His voice had a dramatic type tone. "Yes, even despite my metal parts."

He fiddled with the lock until I heard a click, and the door swung open. I could see the small army behind the man, and their eyes widening. Then they charged. I glanced at the door, which was closed. Still, I ran at the door, and when I made contact, it swung open. I dashed through the darkness that had previously scared me. I could see security cameras scattered across the ceiling like land mines. They knew I was escaping. I didn't care.

I saw two things unfold - doors - and watched as light unfolded across the dark room. I dashed, feet pounding across the floor silently. I shut my eyes as I burst through the doors, seeing the day ahead of me. The sun was rising, peeking up from the tree filled horizon. Freedom. It was something I had taken for granted, but after having to endure hours of that truck, I was grateful.

I was free.