Chapter Fifteen: The Imminent Duel

Start from the beginning

What? She hated him?

How much does she hate him? But knowing that Dawn probably doesn't want to talk about it, I just sighed and let it slip by. I grabbed another cookie and just slumped back on my position. They should really be more like me you know, being not the nosy type.

Misty was also about to speak up when Dawn cut her off. "He's blond, and nope. I'm not really into blonds. And I don't have any pictures of him." Misty grunted that it wasn't her question, though she admitted in the end that she was gonna ask at least about his looks.

"You hate blonds?" I asked.

"Uhh.." Dawn thought for a while. "Now that you asked. I don't!" She chuckled. "It's more like because of him that I unconsciously became hateful toward blonds."

"Just because of him you thought that all blonds are like him?" I questioned, still puzzled by what she meant.

"So you stereotyped blonds because of him?" Misty followed. "Damn he must be horrible."

"Or it's you who is horrible." Misty shrugged. "Just saying Dawn."

Luckily for us, Leaf was very persistent. She pushed Dawn to go more into the details.

Dawn explained that the thing she hates the most about this Barry guy is being very impatient and reckless. She even shared about her experience with him in the past that Barry usually left his things often and she, being the more mature, gets to have the responsibility of getting them back or returning them for him.

She said that it was too bothersome and troublesome being with him. She thought that his recklessness borders beyond immaturity. And with a lot of awful and horrible experience with him, she thus concluded somehow that blonds are all immature.

Okay, about what Dawn said there 'she being the more mature.' I know I'm not in any position to claim something here, especially about being responsible and such, but Dawn being more mature than this guy? Dawn Berlitz, the only person I know who has a separate purse for her yellow tardiness slips from being tardy almost everyday?

Wow. Barry sure is something.

"So he really does fine you a million dollars for showing up a few minutes late?" Leaf inquired. "That's horrible!"

"No Leaf." Dawn facepalmed. "It's just his odd habit."

"Ohh. I thought he would really fine you." She chuckled. "I don't like being fined."

And out of nowhere an unwelcomed memory came crashing through my head.

I can finally taste these kissable lips.

The cookies almost killed me by asphyxiation.

I unconsciously sat up and instantly cupped my mouth in embarrassment. I remembered what happened during last Saturday. Still fresh from the memory.

I could still hear Leaf, Dawn and Misty talking about Barry but I wasn't able to make any sense of it anymore, I was unconsciously starting to shut my senses off as the feeling of ginormous butterflies kept on fluttering inside my stomach.

Damn unbeatable annoying winged insects.

I touched my lips and tried to remember what it felt like, or what it tasted like.

What he tasted like...

Sweet...

Maybe even sweeter than this chocolate chip cookie.

Ugh Maybelle! Really?! That sounded so weird! Not to mention lewd and perverted! I couldn't believe I was able to say that! I pressed my face against my palms and shook my head violently, fearing that his perverseness was slowly contaminating my innocence.