Chapter 50

(Nate's POV)

                       "I love you" She whispered towards Braxton and then poof she was gone.

                    He was running towards her and dove into the turquoise cloud that was left behind.

               No one really knew what to do at that point.

             Arianna Started to cry and it took everything in me not to cry too. I grabbed her and brought her towards my chest. I could feel her tears seep through my shirt but I didn't care. I lost my baby sister.

          My father shifted back and he did something I thought he'd never do. He broke.

               He fell to his knees and started to cry. The women he was with earlier came inside and ran to his aid, grabbing a table cloth so she could cover him.

             Danny and Alex were doing what I was, comforting their mates. How stupid could we have been to not see that there was something wrong.

               We should have known that Eva was being weird for a reason and it wasn't because her mate didn't want her. No, it was because she was out doing what she always does. She was protecting us.

         The room was being filled with the sound of people crying. My father was blaming himself, wondering what he could've done to protect her. Danny and Alex were saying comforting words to their mates. And I? I was here holding my pregnant mate, as she cries while I felt empty.

             I seen David walk over to a what I'm assuming is a very distraught Braxton. You could tell by the way his body shook that he was angry. Every time he took a breath it was like his entire body moved.

           David placed his hand on Braxton's shoulder but all he did was growl. Braxton got up from the floor, shifted and left. Hitting and braking every table, chair, and statue on the way out.

           We watched as he ran out the room, only to hear a couple seconds later a howl. But it wasn't just any howl it was the howl for the fallen.

              It's a howl that expresses that we lost someone who we truly cared about. Usually, mates and that howl was dedicated towards Eva.

                    My brothers and I looked at eachother and it was like we already knew what to do. We pulled back from our mates and shifted.

                     The guys followed my lead and we ran outside. With my father joining us.

                    We sat on the rock that Eva liked to sit on outside when we did the bonfire's.

                    First it was Alex who started, then Danny, my father and then Me.

         We howled not because we lost her, but because we lost a sister. A friend, our protector, our love, our smiles on a rainy day, our laughs when skies were gray.

              And finally we howled because we knew we would get her back no matter what it took.

               The girls stood there and held each other as they watched as we howled our promise to our sister.

                  The pack came outside to see what we were doing and some of the men joined in. They didn't know why we were doing what we were doing but they could feel when the Alpha is in pain so its only instinct that they do what they can to make him feel better.