Chapter 30

(Eva's POV)

I walked into my room and I didn't know what to do with myself. So I paced and tried to calm down. My hands were shaking, my throat felt tight, and I could feel my eyes stinging from the Unshed tears.

I wanted to cry but I knew I wouldn't give Braxton the satisfaction anymore. So I held it all in.

After a few deep breaths I decided to sit by the window. One benefit of having this room was that I had a sitting place next to the window. So I did just that. I sat down and leaned my head against the window and watched as the pups played around with their siblings.

Looking back on my life only a few weeks ago, I regret forcing out this secret from my dad. My life was simple. I went to school in the morning, had lunch with my brothers, head off to work, and then come home to my non m-existing mate, and non-existing pack.

I closed my eyes and let the sounds of laughter from the pups surround me. It made me think of Nate, Danny, Alex and I. How we would always be together when we were free, the laughs we shared, the food fights in the kitchen, and to us sitting outside by the fireplace.

I really wish I could take it all back.

I heard footsteps coming closer to my door and I knew it was Nate. I didn't bother turning around when he opened the door. I didn't want to talk about Braxton so I did what I always do, relive a memory.

"Do you remember that time when Danny was having a bad day because he failed his mid term and we were all trying to cheer him up. So we baked a cake but Alex burned it because he forgot it was in the oven. And you tried to save it by putting frosting on it but it was like a big rock of coal? So Alex covered it in chocolate bars hoping he didn't taste it but he ended up getting diarrhea because the chocolate was old and nasty?"

I heard him get closer and felt the seat in front of me dip. I still had my eyes closed but I knew he was looking at me.

"Yea. Danny wanted to kill us but couldn't because he knew we did our best. You were so mad though. You wanted everything to be perfect." I could hear the smile in Nate's voice but it didn't make me smile like how it used to.

"And yet it wasn't perfect." I sighed and opened my eyes to see a tired and frustrated looking Nate.

"No, but that doesn't mean it didn't make things better. We burned the cake, tried to cover it up, ended up giving Danny food poisoning, and we had to get a lecture from dad about being careful. But it was worth it Eva. Danny laughed at our poor attempt Of a cake and he felt way better than he did before. Not everything in life is meant to be perfect, because nothing in life is ever perfect. We all have to get through the rain, to see the rainbow. "

I looked up at Nate and I just wanted to cry. I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to tell him to give up the Alpha tittle so we could all go back to our lives. To have our family again. But I knew I couldn't do that.

Danny and Alex finally found their Mates and they were happy. Nate couldn't just leave like our father he has a responsibility to this pack.

Nate reached out and tucked the hair from my face behind my ear.

"Eva? What are you thinking about?"

"I..... Nate... I don't know. This just... isn't the life I pictured you know? "

"Yea me either. But things happen for a reason right?"