Chapter 2

I guess since dads here everyone decided to call of work and school. I wasn't complaining, I didn't want to be left alone with him. Danny came downstairs with black basketball shorts and a white tank with black and white running shoes. Alex came down wearing Blue basketball shorts and a black tank with blue and white running shoes. Danny flanked my left, and Alex flanked my right. We gave each other a nod and began running the trail. 

         We've always had a knack for running. I was in track with Alex. Nate and Danny were in cross country. We've always been known as the "Everlast gang" in school. Everlast was our last name. It seems lame but I loved that people knew us by that. Because I knew my brothers would always have my back, just like I would have theirs. Going for this run made me think. And by the looks of it Danny and Alex were thinking as well. Danny and Alex have always had the biggest problem with dad not being around. Nate and I never understood why, but we never questioned their motives.

         I decided to pick up speed and try to out run my brothers. "Come on ladies, put your back into to!" I laughed and ran harder.

              They both snapped out of it, smirked at me and came running at me hard. Dammit. I'll never win! At the end of the trail there's these yellow tapes that are attached to each tree. Dad said never to go any further than that. So we never did. But I know where there's a short cut, and I will win my brothers!

        So I decided to hide behind a tree, let them pass me and go left. I'll cut through the roses, and pass the oak tree and I should be there before them!
I started panting, my sweat was making my shirt stick to my body, and hair was everywhere. God, I better beat them or I'll never hear the end of it! With me being 5'1 my height gave me a disadvantage because my legs couldn't do long distance.

          Where the hell is the rose bush!? I stopped and put my hand on my knees trying to catch my breathe and trying to figure out where I am. Hmmm I've never seen that tree before. There was a carving on it of a wolf. It was simple yet, beautiful. I've always thought wolves were scary, but pretty at the same time. I walked over to the tree and brushed my fingers along the mark.

        I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a twig snap. Oh god where am I!? 

     "Danny!?" Nothing "Alex!?" Nothing.

         Dammit I should just run back from where I came from. When I took a step forward I heard growling from behind me. I turned around and there stood the biggest wolf I've ever seen! He's basically my height! I backed away, but he kept taking steps toward me.

       "Nice, d-doggy" I said. 'Suck it up Eva don't stutter!' 

             He started snarling at me, and snapped his teeth. So I did what I always do when I'm scared, I ran. I flew through the trees trying to find my way home. I think this is the fastest I've ever ran to tell you the truth. I heard its paws chasing after me but he wasn't alone. Going against my better judgment I turned to see 3 huge wolves! One flanked left and the other started the flank right. I've seen this before. My brothers and I would train to fight just incase something happened. I was the damsel in distress, while they were my attackers. Danny would go left, Alex right, and Nate was right behind me. Danny and Alex would run ahead of me and stop in front of me, while Nate is behind me.

        These wolves were trying to cage me in. Not today. Lucky for me, I knew their plan so I was one step ahead of them. The one on the left was a dirty brown, and he started running ahead. The one on the right was a dark red, he started to as well. 'Alright boys, this is war' I thought to myself. The two wolves started to meet in the middle ahead of me and I did ran straight for them. Right when I was about to knock into them, I jumped and landed on the other side of them and took off running. My lungs are burning and I swear I feel like every breath I take, I'm inhaling knives.

      " Danny!!!!! Alex!!!!!!!!" I scream

        "Eve! Where are you!?!" They yelled back

             "Wolves!" I half screamed and half panted

          "Eve were coming!"

           Just when I lost hope, I saw the yellow tapes. Oh god, finally! I'll know where to go from there. I guess I ran past the rose bush and past the yellow tapes. If these wolves don't kill me, Dad will.

             I was so lost in thought I didn't see the wolf on the left coming straight for me, he hit me on my side and when I landed I hit my head on the rock.
"ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" That's the last thing I did when darkness over came me.