Chapter Two

Percy was nervous. That much was clear, from his pale face to his trembling body, he looked ready to pass out. Annabeth couldn't help but wonder why. They were only going to Olympus, they'd been there hundreds of times before!

She soon found out though, and the truth did not make her feel better at all.

When they walked into the majestic throne room, someone was already there, that person was Sally Jackson, Percy's mother.

She was in the middle of speaking, "-I will take his place! He has been through too much lately, and loosing his memory again will not help in any way!"

"We will not allow you to take his place, Sally Jackson! This must be done, and his memory must be wiped! Zeus thundered.

"Umm-" Annabeth began.

"Shut up!" Zeus roared. Annabeth shrank back in surprise but continued to watch the conversation until she grew bored and then she began to survey the room. One thing was different, a god- no, goddess sat on a stool by the hearth next to Hestia.

She was beautiful, with long, dark hair in a single braid down her back and a crown of flowers on her head. When she turned to look at Annabeth her eyes were a dark shade of purple and full of mirth.

I know what you're thinking young one, a melodic voice spoke in Annabeth's head. Annabeth was so surprised she just looked around for the source.

Her eyes settled on the goddess, who looked ready to fall on the floor laughing. She glanced over at Percy, who was staring at the goddess with an angry light in his eyes. She quickly put her hand on his arm and he calmed, but only by a bit. He is angry, he is about to be taken from all he has ever known.

Annabeth had just began putting the pieces together when the same voice that spoke to Annabeth in her mind said, this time out loud. "Heroes, gods, goddesses, you all know my domain is in trouble."

Annabeth was about to protest when the the goddess touched her temples and she suddenly knew what everyone was talking about.

"I have elected to bring Percy Jackson to Alagaësia to help aid the Varden in their fight against evil, but to begin this process, I need to wipe his memory."

As this was said, all of the gods nodded their heads in agreement. "Hypnos, would you do the honors?"

Hypnos flashed in and sent a huge ball of energy straight at Percy. Percy's eyes glowed and he passed out from the energy overload. "Thank you, Hypnos," he nodded and left, the goddess, Harmonia, continued, "He has no knowledge of who he is or where he came from, and he has gained basic knowledge of the ancient language. He will begin his journey in the small village of Carvahall, with Roran, Eragon's brother."

With that said, all of the gods began chanting, and Percy disappeared with a flash. He had just begun his most dangerous journey yet, in Alagaësia

•••

It made no sense.

Ajihad wanted Eragon to find Brom's sister. As far as he had known, Brom had no sister. This new development was quite unexpected, and it was also foreboding. Eragon knew not what he was supposed to do, nor did Eragon know how to do it. And besides, he had more pressing matters at hand.

The Varden was in upheaval. The once confident rebellion of sorts, was now lacking its leader; lacking instruction.

If a new head of the Varden was not chosen, Eragon did not know what might happen.

There were many options for the position.

Eragon, would be an ideal candidate for the role, if not for the oath the Varden had made with the Elves. That he would train with them. The scar on his back may not allow much, but he could use all he could get.

A member of the council was another obvious choice. They all had potential, of course, but that meant very little. It wasn't likely it would be well received by the members of the Varden. And the council members might easily have far to large a lust for power here.

And then there was one other option; one Eragon would not have thought of immediately.

Nasuada was definitely available for the role. She was unknown though. It is possible she is like her father, and thrives under a position of leadership, but it was just as probable that she knew nothing of what to do in the position of leadership she'd be in.

I suppose we will find out, Eragon mused.

As he looked upon the wreckage of the battle, Eragon made one more promise for himself.

I will find Brom's sister in due time. But now, the Varden needs me here.