Part Two : Blindfold

8 o'clock on the wall, and there I go, happily hopping in my car after a long tiring day at work. As much difficult as it's to study Medicine, working as a doctor is much more exhausting and backbreaking, especially when you're an intern of a super busy celebrity paediatrician! No, I'm not complaining. I love my profession, but can't help myself from crying about the workload.

I turn the keys and zoom, I'm on my way to home. It's such a good feeling to go home, after a hectic exhausting day at work. But this feeling don't stay for long, because for anyone who lives in the national capital, he/she must be well aware of the crowded and always busy roads of the city. And of course, the long boring traffic signals!

Hello, it's me,
I was wondering,
If after all these years,
You'd like to meet?

My phone buzzes with my current favorite song by Adele. I just can't get it out of my head now. Even sometimes I sing the lines of the song while greeting people. It's a completely different that people call me weirdo after that.

Since, I'm waiting for the traffic signal to turn green, I attend the call. No surprise here, it's Samay, my fiance calling me. Two months after engagement, it's a routine now, for him to call me every evening to ask about my day. Though, he never seems understand that the time he calls me, is when I'm in the car, driving towards my home, inspite of me reminding him this everyday!

"Hey, Samay," I say, sounding overtly romantic. Yuck! That's not me! Yet, I have no other choice then give this relationship a fair chance.

"Hey, Anu!" he says lovingly. "How was your day?"

There he goes again, like I said.

"My day was like ... as usual. OPD, checkups, rounds etcetera," I answer, my eyes on the traffic signal, which still isn't eager to turn green anytime soon. Why does it have to be so slow?

"Oh, great," he replies, before starting to narrate about his day without me asking for it. "You're free for dinner?"

"No, I'm not free. I'm very expensive," I say, giggling. Oh, yes, I have a sense of humour, too. Though, not many people get it, Samay included.

"Oh, that's a very childish answer for a doctor like you," he remarks, slightly snide. "You're coming for dinner or not?" His tone somewhat irked.

"Yes, I am," I say, not wanting to prolong the conversation as the traffic light's about to turn green. "At Orchids in 20 minutes. See you there!"

"Okay, love, see you there," he answers, his tone sweet like earlier and the call end. Sometimes I feel he has some tone equaliser which helps him change his tone in just seconds. Strange!

I continue to drive. No matter how cheerful he sounds on the call, our dinner dates or any other date for the matter of fact, goes in silence for me. Simply because it's him who continues to talk about his work, how far he has taken his company, and how he wants to expand his business overseas. The entire conversation is about him, never me. He is conceited and pompous, just the way I believed him to be! My mother was damn wrong! He wasn't trying to impress me on our first three dates, rather it was how he is as a person, obnoxious, selfish and pretentious.

And it makes me wonder badly, is he the right guy for me? I mean, he gets along well with my family, always looks out for me, takes care of me, and maybe has feelings for me as well. But, his self-centred behaviour is what irks me, though he's very caring or atleast that's what he has shown over last two months of our engagement. I really wish to break off my engagement with him. I can't stay engaged to a guy who only thinks about his career and has regressive beliefs. Yes, regressive because he suggested that after our marriage, I should only work in the hospital that his family's trustee of. Though, I rebuked him on this and now he knows better than to interfere in my professional life.

I know it's seems very uncharacteristic of me to still bear with this relationship. But I can't help my situation. My parents, though educated and contemporary, still believes it'll be a disgrace if I break off my engagement with Samay. And maybe I won't find another bridegroom ever in my life, which I'm least bothered about. I did try once to make them understand that Samay's not the right guy for me, but both turned deaf ears to my argument and bluntly told me to not whine. My mum also added that I should learn to see good in people rather than complaining all the time! But yes, they did talk to Samay and warned him from invading my personal space, which did the trick along with my straightforward conversation with him.

I'm sure he's good, but whether he's made for me or not, that's the question here. And even after two months of engagement, I can't seem to feel anything for him, in a romantic sense. But I'd just learn to adjust with it, maybe.

I don't realise when I reach Orchids. I park my car. But just as I come out of my, I feel someone hold me by my arms in an extremely rude manner. The next moment, a cloth piece is stuffed into my mouth and my eyes are blindfolded, disabling me.

I try very hard to fight, kicking in the air, wriggling to free myself. But it's of no use, I feel myself being dragged. My hands are tied by a rope, I guess, which further disables me. What's happening with me?

Though I can't see anything, I know there are only two people, one holding me, other tying my hands. Shame, I can't do anything to save myself. What's happening with me?

"Put her in the car before anyone notice anything!" I hear one of them say, the one holding me I guess.

Obeying the order, I'm pushed inside a car, not knowing where I'm being taken to. Or what turn my life's about to take!

A/N: Do vote and comment! :)