First Love

As I sit in 4th period Chemistry class, I daydream about Evan. My best friend who I've fallen head over heels in love with. He doesn't feel the same way and I know I shouldn't feel this way towards him. It could jeopardize our friendship. The bell dismisses class and I walk to my locker. Evan is already waiting there as he always does.
    I just can't take it. Seeing Evan be completely normal but inside I'm dying to just run my fingers through his crazy hair and for him to kiss me like I'm the love of his life. But I know none of that can ever happen.
   "Hey," he says. I nod my head in response. "You okay?" Evan asks. I nod again. We start walking towards the cafeteria and he grabs my hand. We hold hands all the time but it's been feeling different for me lately. I feel a spark of electricity when we touch. And I hate that I feel something yet he doesn't. He just thinks everything is normal. "So how was Chem?" I just shrug. I don't think I could say anything to him without telling him my feelings.
I take my hand away from his and pretend I had to fix my hair. He goes to take my hand again but u don't let him. He stops walking abruptly in the middle of the hall. "Okay. What's wrong?" I just shake my head. "Y/N stop. Somethings up but you just won't tell me. Please just tell me." Fine. If he wants to know he can know. "Evan, I love you." He looks at me. "Yea I know. I love you too." I shake my head and sigh. "You don't get it. I love you."
Evans expression suddenly shifts. It's like a dormant part of his eyes has come alive. "I know I probably just ruined our friendship but I had to tell you because holding it in was killing me." My rambling is cut off when Evan gets so close to me I can smell his faint cologne. With one of his hands on my waist and the other on my face he kisses me. It is passionate and desperate and wonderful.
      I don't even realize that we're still at school and people are watching us. He pulls back and says, "I love you too." Who knew. Evan would be my first love.