Happy Birthday

Ok this is really late I meant to start this a few days ago but forgot. Oops.

   I roll over and find Evan fast asleep in our bed. His hair is going in a thousand different directions and his mouth is slightly open. I snag a picture of him because he just looks so cute. Today's his birthday and I've planned the perfect day. Breakfast in bed then a shower...together. Go to the grove and have lunch there then go and play some paintball later. I also reserved us a table at a new fancy restaurant that I think he'll love.
   I sneak downstairs to the kitchen quietly so to not wake him up. I go make some breakfast. Pancakes fruit and coffee. I walk back up to find Evan awake and on his iPad laying on his chest. "Happy Birthday!" I say and set the breakfast in the nightstand and tackle him smothering him in kisses. "Y/N! I can't breathe!" I pull back and put my hands on either side of his face. I go to kiss him and say, "Breakfast in bed?" He nods and we sit up. Aside from the plans that we had for his birthday we sat in bed and just ate and snuggled. "Oh hold on. Before you, I mean we," I give him a smirk, " you have to open your presents."
   I stand up and walk over to the closet to retrieve them from their hiding spot. "I told you, no gifts. I don't want anything but you today."
    "I know you said no gifts but what's the fun in that?" I hand him the big box first. He opens it to find a hover board. "Holy shit. I love it. I've had my eye on one of these forever!" He pulls me into a hug dragging me down into our sea of pillows. He kisses my neck but I stop him. "You still have one more to open." I hand him the smaller box and he unwraps it and pulls out a Rolex watch. He looks at me with his mouth open. "There's more at the bottom of the box.
    I'd put photos and ticket stubs from dates and just a bunch of little momentous from our years of being together. I also put it in a ring he thought he'd lost a few weeks ago. It had belonged to his grandfather whom he was very close to before he passed away. The ring has his family crest on it and an engraving that says "
Sit lux tenebris velamen amplexantur lapides" which means in Latin "Be the light embrace the darkness".
     A tear rolls down his cheek and I catch it with my finger. "How did you... Where did you-" I stop him and say, "I was doing laundry a few nights ago and found it in the washing machine." He rolls over on top of me and just smothers me in a hug. I can't really breathe but that's ok.

    The rest of the day goes as planned. After dinner we go back home to play with the hover board and do another type of playing if you know what I mean.