Chapter 23: Say What

- 16 Weeks Pregnant -

In an attempt to convince me staying was the right thing, Justin decided to invite his friends and their girlfriends over for me to make friends with.

Only problem, I was two years younger than them and pregnant. 

We weren't going to have much in common.

"They'll be here soon," Justin kept telling me. Their flight had gotten in an hour ago and they really would be here soon. I was just dreading it.

"Do I have to make friends? We could always move Krystal out here."

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "You cant uproot your old life just because you're lonely."

"Yes I can, " I mumbled under my breath as he walked into the kitchen. I rubbed my rounding stomach and bit my lip, "So are we bringing all my stuff back with us after my 20 week appointment?"

"I figured that was the best time to do it." He was pouring himself juice of some kind, "Unless you'd rather have it sent out here before that."

"No," I quickly replied. The longer we took to pack all my stuff up while we were there, the longer it would take for us to get back here.

Then I heard it. The loud honk of a car horn and a few slamming car doors. Their voices were loud enough for me to hear from inside and they were all laughing. 

Great. They were friends.

I was the third wheel.

"You coming or do you want to wait inside?" Justin was heading towards the door already.

"Wait for me!" I gasped, jumping off the couch and running over to him. I laced our fingers together and followed behind him as he walked to the front door and pulled it open.

There were two guys, Chaz and Ryan, then two girls, their girlfriends.

Justin had said their names were Sarah and Jennifer. Sarah was Ryan's girlfriend and Jennifer was Chaz's. 

So deciphering who was who got pretty easy when the blonde girl latched onto Chaz's arm and the brunette rolled her eyes at the blonde one.

As they walked up to the front door with their bags I noticed the blonde girl looking me over from head to toe. 

"Hey man," Chaz was the first person to reach the front door, "How are you?" They pounded fists and then Ryan was there for a fist pound too.

"I'm good, come on in," Justin stepped to the side and pulled me beside him.

It obviously wasn't far enough because Jennifer rammed her shoulder into mine as they passed me. The brunette, Sarah smiled at me apologetically as she passed.

Then they were in and Justin closed the door.

I was trapped with them now.

Sarah had held back and was waiting for us to catch up to the group. Justin let go of my hand and I felt my heart start to race. 

I was alone.

Luckily, Sarah smiled at me and fell into walking pace beside me, "I'm Sarah." Her voice was almost sing-song like.

"I'm Serrina." I replied quickly, "But I'm sure you knew that."

"I did," She laughed at my awkwardness, "How far along are you?"

I glanced down at my stomach like it was my first time seeing it and stuttered, "Oh, Uh, 15 - No, 16 weeks."

She bit her lip and laughed, "You didn't have much choice in us coming, did you?",

"Not really," I laughed, "Sorry if I seem uninterested."

She smiled at me, "From what I've heard, Justin's always been that way. He gets an idea and wont stop until its in place."

I nodded, "That's true. Have you guys known each other long? You and Justin, I mean."

"I've never met him before. I've heard a lot but never seen him face to face." We were now in the kitchen so we stopped and she turned to me, "Until now."

Over her shoulder I could see Jennifer clung to Chaz's arm and glaring at me.

"Is she easily offended?" I mumbled.

Sarah turned and then looked back at me shaking her head, "Jenny? Shes a total bitch, just steer clear of her. Her entire life goal is to make others miserable."

I smiled, "Got it, stay away from Jennifer."

"Don't call her Jennifer," Sarah added, "She will claw your eyes out. Only Jenny."

I nodded, "Jenny. Got it. Thank you."

Then Justin's hand was on my hip and his hand was sticking out past me, "I'm Justin,"

"Sarah," She replied quickly, shaking his hand then Ryan was behind his girlfriend, "Ryan, have you met Serrina before?"

"No, I'm Ryan. Pleasure to meet you."

I nodded, "You too."

As Sarah continued to make conversation with me and Jenny continued glaring at me, I wasn't sure if this was something really good or really bad.

Maybe both.

****

As we stood beside eachother in the bathroom that night I noticed Justin staring at me.

"What?" I reached for my toothbrush.

"Do you like them? Sarah and Jenny?"

I shrugged and turned on my sink faucet, "They're okay i guess. I don't think Jenny likes me much."

"Don't take it personally," He laughed, "Chaz says she doesn't like anyone much."

"I haven't. Sarah is super cool though."

"As cool as Krystal?"

I smiled at him, "Nobody is as cool as Krystal."

"Not even me?" He gasped like I had offended him.

"Sorry," I tilted my head, "Not even you."

He laughed and bent over to my level, placing a small kiss on my cheek. We stopped talking long enough for me to finish brushing my teeth. Once I finished I turned to him.

"I'm going to get a glass of water. Want anything?" He was still brushing his teeth so he just shook his head. 

I kissed his shoulder as I passed him and then made my way downstairs. I poured a glass of water quickly and then put it in the sink. When i turned around I almost screamed.

I pressed my hand on my chest, "Oh my god, Jenny."

She was standing in the archway out of the kitchen just staring at me.

"You scared me," I wanted to laugh because I had spooked so easily, but I felt like that wouldnt have been appropriate.

She didn't apologize or even pretend like she was sorry. Instead, she took a long step towards me and crossed her arms, "Look, bitch." She started, "I don't know who you think you are but you need to back the fuck off. Justin is using you. You're a lost puppy that he's decided to foster. You're not permanent, so don't get comfortable." She smirked, "And I'd watch him a little closer. He gets a little carried away, not that I mind. He's fantastic in bed."

I watched as she turned and quickly left. I wanted to punch her. 

But I also wanted to cry.

What was that supposed to mean?