«chapter nineteen: there was some doubt»

Start from the beginning

  They share a look, "we haven't seen you around-"

  "Are you serious right now?" I cross my arms, dawning an annoyed expression. "You don't even remember me?!" I nearly shout, causing both of them to panic as they feel eyes turn to watch us.

"Wait, I-"

  "Listen, Tom, I don't want to hear it. I can't believe you." I say, shaking my head. "You are lucky I am so professional and don't report you. I don't care if you were drunk!"

  His face pales and he tries to say something but I cut him off again.

  "But because I am professional, I am just going to ask you to do what Marcy has said and go down and help. Honestly, I can't believe you."

  I don't wait for his response, I grab him by the shirt and push him, taking his place.

  He stares wide-eyed at me before looking at his partner who just raises his hands and says, "Don't involve me in this."

I raise my eyebrow at him, putting a hand on my hip.

  He backs up slowly nodding, rubbing his head. "Okay..."

I watch him go before turning to the other guard.

  "Is he not unbelievable!" I say angrily. "I mean the nerve of some men." I shake my head, him nodding just to agree with me. I sigh as if I am just tired of it before rubbing my eyes. "I'm sorry to ask this, but I do need to go change or people will think I am not an employee, can you hold down the fort until I get back?" I ask looking up at him.

  He nods, "You are good, just hurry before the next tour, we don't want to seem weak."

  I nod my head in agreement, "No we definitely wouldn't want that. I will be back in ten."

  I say going down the hallway where I saw they kept the uniforms.

  When I get in the room, I grab an extra pair and slip them on, placing the name tag I made for myself on my chest.

  I smirk satisfied. If I do get caught on camera, the name Hayley will be all they get.

  Slipping out of the room, I go down the hall, looking for the main computer, or any computer knowing I can hack into the system if I need to, it's just going to take longer.

  When I find the room I go in and sit down at a desk, the other workers not questioning it for one second. They don't even look up from their screens. Lex must be developing something new. I guess it's my job to find out what.

  I plug in my flash drive with a bug that unlocks the computer and completely copies the files it has, even undoing encrypted ones.

  It took me a few months to even make one of these bad boys so I hope this was worth it Bruce.

  Hacking is not as fun as picking a lock, but it is still a need-to-know in stealing.

  Besides, Lex is going to hate this. I snicker at the thought.

  I watch while keeping an eye out for any guards, but I can't help but look at the screen when a file catches my eye, but I don't stop to read it.

  When the files are done, I delete all of the camera footage, but also download it. Better be safe than sorry.

  When the screen reads '100%' I take the flash drive and open a normal enough tab.

One of the workers looks up at me.

  "I'm going to get coffee, do you want any?" I ask, offering a small smile, but they decline and go back to their computer.

  Dang, they are going to be really upset when I leave. I put a bug on the computer that makes it seem like everything is working perfectly, but when I leave, it will deactivate the whole system.