2 | God is a Woman

Start from the beginning

"Need help?" A voice asked as Clark flew right next to her.

She looked at him and pointed to the building. "There are people trapped inside, you're the fastest, get them all out while I contain the fire!" She exclaimed over the loud sirens that were almost murdering her ears. Clark nodded his head but paused when a loud boom bounced off the walls within the back of the plant. "Go! I can't be in two places at once!"

They both split up as Clark dove into the plant and Jess to the back. She used her freeze breath to try and contain the fire again, but it was no use. It was too strong. She noticed the smell of an odor, it was strong, possibly toxic. With a crack of her neck, she looked to see Clark had managed to save everyone he could. Taking that as her cue, she started to super speed all around the building, containing the fire as well as the toxic particles that were leaking out.

Another loud boom was heard, the plant was collapsing in on itself. Now, moving twice as fast to contain the explosion, the fire started to make a tornado of some sort as she moved upwards towards the clouds. The faster she moved, the faster the fire moved up towards the skies.

"Come on Jess, you can do it!" She encouraged, supporting herself the best she could.

Finally clearing out the fire, she stopped and steadied herself. That was great! Well, it isn't great that a disaster happened, but she couldn't help but give herself a mental pat on the back.

Floating back down to the ground, she checked in with the police and looked around. She took note of the damage and scolded herself. She could have tried to prevent at least the destruction of the plant.

Flying out of the destruction zone, she landed on her balcony and walked into her apartment. She looked at her suit in her full-length mirror and noticed that she was covered in soot.

She tossed her outfit in the washing machine before taking a shower to get rid of the smell of ash. Finally, she plopped down, face first, on her bed to get some sleep.

_______________________________

THE next morning, Jessica was back and sharper than before.

She was in some new clothes and already in front of the Daily Planet. She raced into the elevator before plopping her stuff down into the staff meeting. "Get any sleep Kent?" Perry asked as he drank his coffee.

"Yep," Jess smiled. "And to fully kick myself into gear, I'm running on adrenaline, coffee, Red Bull, and Five Hour Energy all mixed into one."

Perry sighed at the words that came out of her mouth. "Jesus, Kent."

"What?" Jess asked with a raised brow. "I'm here!"

"You're going to end up in a coma and I'm not paying for your leave if you do."

"Why do people keep telling me that?"

Perry rolled his eyes, calming himself down before he locked her in a broom closet. "Nevermind, Clark, start talking before I put your sister in a mental hospital."

Jessica turned her attention to her brother. Clark gave a nervous smile towards his sister before speaking. "It's like a one-man reign of terror, this bat vigilante has been consistently targeting the port and the adjacent projects and tenements. And, as far as I can tell, the cops are actually helping him."

The female Kent furrowed her brows at the name. Bat vigilante? She's heard about a man running around Gotham protecting people since she was in college. It was something that had always intrigued her, but she never found the time to investigate. Lois had volunteered one time to go with her to the city but the two were quickly named Mulder and Scully in their journalist department right after that.