2 | God is a Woman

Start from the beginning

"That's not true, I organize papers as well."

Jessica clenched her hands on the edge of the counter, the marble creaking under her strength. "If you do not let Mr. Wayne know I am here, I will personally escort myself up to his office. Do you want that?" She growled as the lady quickly snatched the phone and dialed the number to Bruce's office.

"H-Hello Mr. Wayne, I'm sorry to disturb you, but there's a reporter here from The Daily Planet to ask you some questions... I know sir, but she's very persistent." She mumbled, making Jess roll her eyes. She was only persistent when she had to be.

The receptionist put the phone back onto the receiver with a gulp, she looked afraid to deliver the news. "I-I'm sorry, but he insists no one disturbs him, you will have to reschedule."

Jessica pulled her bottom lip between her teeth and bit down on it harshly, a smirk playing along with it. She tapped her fingers on the counter and nodded her head. "Thank you." She grumbled and spun on her heel, leaving the building with a quick stride. She left her bed for no reason.

The bustling streets of Metropolis never seemed to die down as people rushed past her. Now, in more comfortable heels, she walked down the sidewalk and contemplated her life choices. Something she always did when she was tired.

Being pulled out of thought, she felt her phone ringing in her coat pocket. "Hello?"

"Hey, bestie." Lois's voice spoke through the phone, making Jess sigh. She only said bestie when something was up.

"What happened?"

"Clark called, said you sounded upset when he spoke with you on the phone."

"Listen, Lo, sometimes, you need to let him deal with me." Jess sighed. "He's never going to rekindle the 12 years he's been gone if he doesn't try and talk to me."

"You sound moody."

"Two days, no sleep, I'm feeling great."

"You keep this up, you're going to fall into a coma."

Jessica snorted. "At least I'd get some sleep."

Lois caught a glimpse of her journal sitting on top of her laundry basket. She couldn't stop the words from falling out of her mouth before thinking of them clearly. "Is there something bothering you? Ever since you and Clark defeated Zod, you've been acting weird."

Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. It was always something with Zod with her. "It's nothing Lo, just worry about what Clark's doing. He seems to be the one everyone worries about nowadays."

"That's not fair and you know it."

"I think I'm able to be mad about things once in a while Lois!" She hissed into the phone causing a couple of people to stop and look at her. "Just... tell Clark to stop telling you to fix his problems with me."

"Jess... -"

"Don't." She spat and hung up the phone, she was fed up with everyone.

"Help! Somebody help!" Jessica stopped in the middle of the street upon hearing the cry.

"Hey!" Someone yelled from their car. "Get out of the middle of the street!"

Using her super hearing, she concentrated on where it was coming from. "Look!" A man yelled, pointing towards the power plant. Large dark clouds poured out from every crack.

Snatching her glasses off her face, she ran into a nearby alley and ripped open the front of her shirt revealing the beautiful S implanted in her suit. Jessica let her hair loose and flew up into the sky, a loud boom resonating through the air. Sucking in a deep breath, she blew a blast of cold air over the fire that was spreading over the building like wildfire.