Chapter 1

It's green eyes stared at me with bravery but a hint of fear flashed across his face as I released my ax, the ax lit up by the moon reflected through the eyes of the beast. It bared it's teeth at me, the chants of the crowd overflowed the sene. I held my breath, my arm flowed down. At that moment I looked into the eyes of the beast, I saw my reflection, noticed the same expression the beast showed. I stopped my falling arm before it strikes for the beasts scaly neck. I dropped my silver ax and collapsed to the ground. My hood shadowed my face, soon taking my body in through the tears that slid down my cheeks, chin, then patterned on the ground. The crowd stopped the chants and paused. I whispered through the sound of silence, "I can't do it..." I let out weakly. Sighs of disappointment carried through the air. Suddenly I felt stares of anger burning on my back. The clouds shadowed the night sky, sweeping the stars away from the face of earth. Then protests of anger sped through the towns people. "You coward!!!" One shouted out, "You'll never be one of us!" Another reported. I stayed on my knees, taking in the harsh words that people announced. The crowd then grabbed their torches and threw them on the dry ground. The fire of the torches met ground and soon be forming a circle of great flames that overflowed around me. I wrapped my hood around me. The dragon tail from my hood circled me while the shelter doomed me of dishonor. If I"m the child of the great chief then how can I not kill a dragon. I thought. Soon the crowd disappeared, I slowly got up from my knees. It seemed the sound of silence blew across the world. But the crackling fire deepened down has the soft pitter patter of rain cried out of the clouds and reaching for the earth. I raised my chin and looked deep into the chained dragon, I stepped toward it. It growled, it's teeth slinked behind its opening mouth. My trembling hand reached out for its head, as it touched it's head, my world went upside down. Our eyes met, knowing what we both are feeling. "I'm getting you out of here." I whispered as the silent rain drops fell. I reached for my ax, and knew that the beast would be frightened. I then whipped around and caught a glimpse of the fear shadow the dragons face. I ran my ax down and hit the chains. As the chain met the fire reflected blade it rang through the mountain tops. My eye brows furrowed with determination as I sliced the very last pair of chains. The dragon then spread out its massive wings and got up to his hind legs. Its roar echoed through the sky as it broke the never ending silence. My head turned up south, the direction of my village. I heard voices screaming, crying out, "The beast broke free!" I heard my name as people called through harsh words. I turned back to the dragon until I found footsteps rushing for us, with weapons on the Vikings backs and torch light edging closer. I stepped back. The people met up and I fell to the ground and a large stone blocked me from escape. "You!!!!" Someone hissed. I steadied my two hands, "Abraham, I-I c-can ex-explain-" I trembled. "No! I have had enough of your non sense!" He slid out his sword. And suddenly the blade flung down toward me, I shielded my face with my hands, out stretched. I then heard a cling! A surprised and angry yell came about. I opened one eye and peeked between my fingers, I found a massive pair of wings and a tail shielded in front me. A loud roar rang through the island. My eyes grew wide as I finally found out that the sword blade hasn't touched my flesh. Instead I found the dragon protecting me from my towns people. The snake-like tail whipped at Abraham and he fell on the earth. Their was a steady sound that came from the dragons body, it's body glowing a white color, then a large fire escaped from his mouth and he spread it everywhere and the Vikings yelled. The dragon whipped around and suddenly reached out is paws and his claws gripped my body. I screamed and I appeared to be in the rainfall sky. My legs and body thrashed around and my arms were no use sense the dragon carried me through the sky. I stopped when I looked down and saw lifeless bodies sprawled everywhere. Silence found its way back through, and I noticed the more people retrieving the troop of Vikings. "Help!!" I called helplessly, but it was no use... Besides, they didn't need me anyways... All there was the sound of silence and just evil things struck me like a knife. I looked up at the dragon as it beat its wings up and down through the tree tops. I bowed my head, then soon darkness and the sound of silence overtook me like a blanket.

(This would be the song for this chapter cause Natalia would never forget that night)