chapter three

Friday, 23rd October 2015

7:18PM | Forest Edge Motel, Room 7

Smoking is bad for you were the first words your pretty lips spoke when you walked, no drifted into the boxy motel room that was stained with the smell of toxic exhalations, past drug abused residents, long forgotten love. You did not ask who the new face was, why he was assumedly the one who had you brought here by Seokjin, just simply gazed at the way he ground the tobacco between his teeth with nothing less than interest gleaming in the silver flecks of his eyes, perched on the coffee table that was marked with the hard press of a pen on paper and fading smears of what could have been blood but you chose not to speculate.

Yoongi felt as though every fibre of his body was blazing, simply by the sight of you. The three years of separation from the real world was noticeable in the lack of meat on your bones, the careless edge to your every blink, your bony fingers curled into loose fists. You were a sight for sore eyes, yet you still managed to hold an element of beauty about you, something about the way your lips were tilted up at the corners, the curiosity laced through your eyelashes. He absolutely hated it.

"So," Yoongi took a drag of his cigarette, exhaling smoke while offering his hand towards the bed. "Do sit down. It has been a while, hasn't it? How was being pent up with security watching your every move?"

You shrugged indifferently once you were settled on the edge of the musky mattress, which irked him a little bit. A tactic of dismissal, dodging bullets, something you always had a finesse for and too, added onto the list of things that Yoongi simply could not stand about you. "It doesn't really matter now, since you are going to kill me anyway, aren't you... Who are you?"

At your words, Yoongi's expression went from smug to stone cold, watching you with pitch black eyes that glowed with warning. It was not unalike you to play such games, but you were being too obvious already. Normally you would string them out like a performance, each a refined act of the truth with hints of dishonesty threaded through hand gestures or the glint in your eye or the wit that would be slick on your tongue. But now, you were blatantly challenging him, and doubled with the boredom that was painted onto your features - backing down, rattling your shoulders and screaming you know my fucking name into your ears would mean his immediate defeat.

So there was only one thing he could do. Play along.

"Min Yoongi, though some know me as MYG," He stated, inhaling more smoke, ashing it carelessly onto the motel carpet. His eyebrows drew together as he stared down at the crumbling white flecks. "But you preferred to call me Suga, for reasons unknown to me. Either way, it was hideous and I hated it, so I think that may be why you stuck with it."

"Suuuga," You drawled, disinterestedly picking at a fingernail as you let the first vowel roll slow and lengthy from your lips. "Are you just as sweet?"

Yoongi flicked his eyes back up to you, smouldering flames meeting nothing but vacancy. The behaviour that oozed from your body was entirely unalike to the past few times the pair of you had encountered, all washed away, nothing but indifference, imprudence fitting into place instead. But playing facades, swapping masks was as effortless to you as breathing, capable of shifting attitudes, entire personalities within the blink of an eye. Yoongi of all people knew this best, your trickster capabilities, for that was all he had been analysing for the last three years. But even he felt there was something off, not right in the way your eyes were wide and staring. Not with surprise, nor fear, just two windows simply hanging open to reveal nothing but vacant rooms within.

Nobody he ever knew was home.

Yoongi cleared his throat, grounding the end of his cigarette against the table until the embers were suffocated by the wood and the filter was flicked into the provided ash tray. He sauntered over to you, leaning down so that you were eye to eye, close enough that anybody else would have leaned away. But you were not just anybody.