|| Chapter 16 ||

Chapter 16!!! I can't believe it. Yes!! I seem to update faster with this story instead of On-Screen. Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I actually and personally like this story, I mean I get to experiment more with this and tend to uniquely mold their personalities. I mean, ya know I get to make more possessive Zayn compared to On-Screen and damn, flirty Niall omg. And don't make me start with ZJ. Okay, go on. Idk.

I'm going to use Narrator's POV and a little time skip? :)

~ Sorry for the two weeks of no updates. I hope this one would suffice.

-

Narrator

The aftermath of last night began to conquer his mind and body as he woke up with a pounding head and aching muscles. He stood up whilst his eyes were squinted at the bright reflection of the light around his surroundings. Then, it dawned on him.

This wasn't his place, nor was this his bedroom - it was inside a hotel. And like a film, vague memories from last night reeled into his mind. The rejection, the burning feeling of vodka in his throat, the vixen dressed in red and two bodies pressed together in the very darkness of the room.

He remembered the feeling of her body beneath his, how she begged for him to move inside her, how he complied to her request and thrusted deeper until both of them reached the peak of their emotions; peak of their burning and consuming lust – the release of emotions as ripples of pleasure dominated their bodies.

But he quickly scanned his side and there wasn't a certain vixen in red lying beside him. And all the clothes scattered around the floor belonged to him – he was naked underneath the sheets and the scorching feeling from the scratches on his back were felt from the rising of his body. But he didn't mind; the fact that he was alone shattered and overshadowed those thoughts and feelings.

No one was with him.

He was alone again.

Alone.

And he couldn't help but feel the churning on the pit of his stomach brought by the frustration and agony of being alone and having no one beside him.

He felt used again.

And it hurts, but that's how it was always for him. People kept taking him for granted and used him according to their will without taking his feelings into consideration. But, he'd grown numb. Liam had grown numb to the feeling; he was so used of being used that he knows the cycle better than his name.

He's going to pick himself up again; build him all up and fall in love again. Fall in love again and let the person break him to a million pieces until he couldn't be fixed anymore.

After all, pain is love's karma.

-

Niall and ZJ were back from the apartment. Niall was dumbfounded when an older man grabbed their boxes and carried them anyway. It was still weird seeing a man twice his age waiting for them in front of their apartment's building – obviously, courtesy of Mr. Zayn Malik, considering how the man introduced himself and called ZJ 'young master'. It's weird, yeah. But it's because it's all new to him, to them, that's why.

"Dada, are we really going to leave that place? What if Papa Li goes there?"

The blonde boy's heart throbbed at the mention of Liam's name but it's not like he could tell ZJ that he shouldn't think about Liam and just forget about him completely. No matter what, he doesn't want to choose and reach that kind of decision. No matter what, he wants his son to at least acknowledge Liam as part of his life and no, this is not as a compensation from the pain he brought to Liam but because ZJ deserved all the good people that loves him in his life and he knows deep down how much Liam loved ZJ, despite that they weren't blood related.