|| Chapter 2 ||

I saw him again.

I didn't thought I would ever see him again after everything I have given up and did just to hide myself from him. But everything I had worked so hard for was broken down by just a simple and mere coincidence of grocery shopping.

It was supposed to be a simple grocery shopping today, along with my son and my boyfriend. We were strolling and pushing the cart around the wide array of merchandises when my son whined about his lack of cereal, of course I was quick to appease him and told him I'll get him one. He demanded I should get the new one he saw on commercial. Apparently, there were two, and I was on debate whether I should pick one as I scanned the nutritional content.

Imagine, how shocked I was to see my ex boyfriend staring back at me as he handed the cereal box I was reaching for what felt like an hour with the biggest grin on his face. He said, hello, and his lips were back into that grin again. I tried to be civil as I could be, I wanted to answer him straightly and leave quickly as possible but my lips and mouth betrayed me. My lips trembled and my mouth stuttered my greetings back to him.

His presence had a massive effect on me, my legs felt wobbly and my knees were growing weak. I stepped back, too dumb to realize that it was a dead end where a massive rack was going to hinder me from moving away from the man in front of me. The proximity between us gave me an opportunity to gaze at him intently and made me aware of how much he has changed over the years.

He still looked so young but unlike before, he had the lower portion of his face covered by an amount of stubble which suited his features perfectly. He had his hair styled into a quiff that looked like perfection, and his eyes that had a smoldering gaze darted towards me had my body quivering under his height.

"I missed you so much, Niall."

He murmured it softly against my ears, letting the gentle words caress me in a way that he was the only one able to do. It tugged my heart, feeling the words form a hand and enveloped around it until I couldn't breathe, why am I feeling like this?

Then, he cupped my cheeks, it was as if my brain was wired to him and that moment I knew what he wanted to do but the fact that my body complied, pumping blood more than ever as heat spread all over my body, my eyes fluttered close and my lips parted as it awaited for something to collide with. To make things worse, my heart thrummed in my chest, and I was left dumbfounded.

Was it lust? But I shouldn't be feeling this way even if it's lust, I have my boyfriend. God, I have a boyfriend and I'm letting him do this to me!

Then, everything stopped when we both heard yell. "Daddy Ni!" I thanked heavens for my son's sudden appearance that put a halt on Zayn's intent to kiss me because I was about to commit sin the moment that luscious and sinful lips met mine and I will found myself indulging at the feeling.

I met my son's height and welcomed him to my arms, this is him. The price of all the sacrifices and hardships I endured for the past years, he's my greatest possession. No matter what timeline or reversions I will face, I will still choose the same. I will undergo through the same sacrifices and hardships just for this little boy. I will still choose my son no matter how hard it was to come to that decision, my son will always come first. It was for the best, for the both of us and for our son.

My son asked, what took me so long, I answered him, kissed his forehead then eyed Zayn. He quickly handed me the cereal box which I took in his hand the moment it was available for grabbing. I could see the confusion in his eyes when it flickered. It lingered in his gaze as he remained silent. I knew he wanted to ask me questions but I appreciated when he didn't. There was a lot that happened the years I left, a lot has changed and a lot was never going to be the same.