Just Like a Diamond

"He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
Job 23:10

Taking some time alone is a wonderful way to regroup, rethink, and refresh. Solitude is especially important when we are a bit frayed from the day's activities, but we still have hours of activity ahead of us. We can't always take a break, but without this break, the remaining tasks may threaten to take us under.

Drawing on the refreshing power of the Holy Spirit will help get us to the end of a stressful day. We can gain renewed patience, a fresh sense of humor, and a new surge of creativity and insight by enlisting the aid of the Spirit's ministry within us.

When you feel as if you're going under at the end of the day, you can learn a valuable lesson from the "underwater" test used by jewelry experts. Jewelers claim that one of the surest ways to determine the authenticity of a diamond is to place it underwater. A genuine diamond will continue to sparkle, while an imitation stone will not.

The power of the Holy Spirit can continue to sparkle within you, refreshing and renewing you in spite of the day's harrassments. The authenticity of your faith will continue to shine through, and others will be able to see that there is something genuinely different about your life.

Ask the Holy Spirit to impart His power and presence to you today, in this very hour. Pray for Him to help you in the ways you need Him most-to shine like a diamond underwater.

➕➕➕

Breathe on me, breath of God;
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what thou dost love,
And do what thou wouldst do.