Day 141

Vibratations wracked through his body. The smell of gasoline was in the air. Low murmuring filtered through one ear and out the other. Wind whipped at his hair and face. Heat beat down on the back of his neck.

Niall was in a car. He was laid across several people's laps, and he wasn't sure how to feel about that. Slowly, he blinked his eyes open and sat up. Strong arms wrapped around Niall's waist, keeping him plastered to the stranger's lap.

"Who are you people?" Niall screamed, panicking as he thrashed in the person's grip. "Let me go!"

"Hey, hey, hey," A calm, quiet voice whispered soothingly in his ear. "Calm down. We're not going to hurt you."

Niall hadn't realized his eyes were closed tightly until he opened them. He recognized the voice, the arms, and the faces. Niall gulped.

"Why am I here?" What did these boys want from him? He gave them food; he helped fend off zombies! What else do they want from him? "Why. . . am. . . I. . . here?" Niall replied slower and louder, the feeling of anger butting its rude head in the front of his mind.

"We saved you from being zombie chow. You're lucky we got to you before some fake-nailed corpse did," Louis finally answered his question.

"I would have been just fine. . ." Niall trailed off, playing with his fingers shyly.

"Just fine? You were drooling for crying out loud!" Louis laughed as Niall brought a hand to his cheek, fingers running over crust. Niall's cheeks grew red hot in embarrassment. "It seems every time we find you, you're sleeping without a care in the world. Why do you keep doing that?"

Niall bit his lip before letting out a sigh. His tongue ran over his braces, the metal still feeling odd to him. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing they took him. At least this way he could find an orthodontist or someone with the vague idea of how to remove braces! However, he was still angry. That shopping mall was the closest thing he had to a home! Things were running smoothly when he was by himself. "Nightmares are better than this reality. At least in my dreams, I can wake up, and the monsters would be gone."

"That's why you can't be alone anymore," Louis explained. "It is too dangerous for a little thing like you."

"Well, this little thing has done very well for the past four months by himself!" Niall yelled at him, his nerves on edge. Liam held tighter around him, immobilizing his arms from reaching to the passenger seat and strangling Louis. "I don't know what is wrong with you lot, but I am not a helpless creature that needs protecting!"

All four boys laughed at Niall, laughed. Niall did not appreciate getting patronized. He struggled against Liam's arms, but he was caged in for good. "Now, now, little one," Came Liam's deep timber of voice. "Keep still or we will have problems."

Niall felt anger singe his cheeks and the tops of his ears, prickling the back of his neck and causing his lips to form an agitated frown. "I am not little. . . I am average height."

Snorts all around the enclosed space of the automobile riled Niall up. Frustration gave Niall a headache as he sighed and went slack against Liam's chest, his attitude sulky and bitchy. Just when Zayn seemed about to say something, a loud honk rang through the air.

Everyone except Harry - he was driving - turned their heads to look back at the source of the noise. An eighteen-wheeler surrounded by a gang of motorcyclists were quickly approaching their pick-up truck.

Bam!

The eighteen-wheeler touched bumpers with the pick-up truck, the sound of metal crushing causing shivers to run down Niall's spine. At the rate this situation was going, all five boys were going to be run off the road and into the dangerous hands of these hostile motorcyclists behind them. Niall did not like that. He couldn't help to think that he would not be in this situation if the four idiots would have left him alone in the spacious and awfully lonely mall.