{4} Cake Time

~After School~

Once the clock strikes three o'clock, the bell rings. There is now a flood of people, all heading towards their lockers.

I go to my locker, numbered off 289, and grab my bag, while packing the necessary items. Not long after, I hear Aphmau.

"Zane! You ready to come to my house?" She asks cheerfully, rocking back and forth.

I nod, "Yeah, but what about your mom? Does she know?"

She giggles, "Of course. She would kill me if I brought a boy home, without her knowing beforehand."

I close my locker, and lock it.

I nod my head once, signaling that we could go. She turns the other way, and starts walking, I join her, walking on her right.

~~~~~~~~~~

We pass my house on the way to hers. It is about a five minute walk after passing my house.

Guess we don't live too far from each other.

We walk past a few houses on her street, until she stops. "Here we are," she says, pointing at a big house. It looks nice, nicer than my house.

She goes up, and rings the doorbell. I go up behind her. There is running, it starts off faintly, then grows louder as it gets near the door. The door is opened, by two boys.

One boy has brown hair, along with grass green eyes. The other boy has blonde hair, similar to Garroth's, and blue eyes, similar to my own.

"Auntie Aphmau!" The blonde hugs Aphmau.

She chuckles. "Hello Levin," she turns to the brunette, "and Malachi."

Didn't she say she lives with her two cousins as well?

The blonde, who I assume is Levin, stops hugging her, and looks at me. "Auntie Aphmau, who is that?"

She looks at me, then back at the two boys. "Levin, Malachi, this is Zane, he's working with me on an assignment."

The green eyed one, Malachi, looks at me, and smiles. "Hello, mister. I'm Malachi, as you probably already guessed. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, mister!" Levin jumps up happily.

I just nod my head, "Hello."

Aphmau smiles at me, then looks at Malachi. "Malachi, where is mom?"

"Mom is just out at the moment. She said she'll be back by five o'clock."

Mom? I thought they were her cousins.

Aphmau nods, before bringing me to the kitchen. The two run off, playing their own games.

"Hey," I say, grabbing her attention, "I thought you said you moved with your mom and cousins, not brothers."

She looks down sadly for a moment, before looking at me again. "Well, the thing is..." She trails off, "their parents, my cousins, they... all passed away."

I am surprised at what she said. Both of their parents?

"If you don't mind me asking, but how?"