{12} Gifts for the Girls

~Monday, September 30th~

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I stretch my arms, and jump out of bed. While most people take time to get up, complaining, I quickly jump out of bed, not sparing a moment.

(A/N: Quick A/N, am I the only person who gets out of bed without complaining?)

I head to the washroom, and freshen up. I grab my uniform, and put it on. I fix my hair, making sure it doesn't look messy.

I open up my bedrooms door, but before I do, I grab the necklace from the other day. After that, I head downstairs.

The smell of eggs and bacon fill my senses all of a sudden. I proceed down the stairs, and see Vylad putting plates with eggs and bacon on the dining table.

"Oh, hey big brother." Vylad says, looking up at me, as I continue down the stairs.

"Hey, Vylad," I look at the plates, "you made breakfast for us?"

He nods his head, "Yeah. Can you do me a favor? Call Garroth for me please."

I nod my head, and go back upstairs. I knock on Garroth's bedroom door, which is across of Vylad's room that was once a guest bedroom.

Garroth opens the door, "Oh, hey baby brother."

"Hey Garroth, Vylad told me to come and get you; he made breakfast."

He smiles, "That's nice of Vylad... Tell him I'll be down in a moment,"

I bob my head once, and head back downstairs. "He said he'll be down in a moment."

He says okay, and we sit down at the table, beginning to eat. Garroth comes down a minute after, and sits at the table. He begins eating as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once I am at school, I run into Dante, along with Travis who are speaking to each other. They notice me, and bring me into the conversation.

Ten minutes pass, and a familiar redhead is walking up the steps, staring at her phone screen.

Dante tenses up, an almost unnoticeable blush on his cheeks. Travis slaps Dante's back, not too hard.

"Give it to her." Travis says, making Dante nod.

Dante reaches into a bag that is in his hand, and walks over to her.

While Dante goes to Nicole, Aphmau, along with Katelyn come up to us.

"Hey guys!" Aphmau chirps.

Travis and I both press our fingers to our lips, pointing at the two. When Katelyn sees who we are pointing at, she looks angry.

"How dare he go up to my Nicole and look all flirty!" Katelyn exclaime. She id about to stomp over to them, but Aphmau holds her back.

We watch as Dante gives her his gift, which she seems very happy about. She gives him a side hug, which causes the two to blush.

They awkwardly laugh, and walks away, talking.

Katelyn looks as if she is about to kill someone. "Why would she be so happy around a person like him?! He's not good for her! She deserves--"

"Katelyn, Nicole and Aphmau aren't yours to keep." We hear a voice behind us speak.

We turn our heads, and see Lucinda.

"Lucinda!" Travis and Katelyn both say together.

Travis steps forward, his hands behind his back, holding the small box which contains her gift.

"Hey baby." he swoons.

Lucinda sighs, "Hi, Travis."

"I got something," he holds out the box in front of him now, "for you."

The corners of her lips twitch upward. He opens the box, showing the small, silver ring.

She smiles, "Aw, that's so sweet of you."

Travis smirks, "I know."

"How can I repay you?" Lucinda asks, examining her ring.

"With a kiss." he answers, while  puckering his lips.

She rolls her eyes, pink dusted on her cheeks, barely visible, and grabs Aphmau's arm. "Come on, Aphmau, let's go."

They walk away, Aphmau waving at us. I raise my hand to wave back.

I turn to look at Travis, who has a sheepish grin on his face. "Ah, she just can't get enough of me."

"I'm sure that she's had over the limit." I comment.

"W-what?! Shut up, Zane!" Travis exclaims, glaring at me. He stares at the black box in my hand. "Why didn't you give Aphmau her gift?!"

"She got dragged away from me before I had the chance to give it to her."

He groans, "Ugh, just give it to her at lunch."

So that's what I decide to do.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wait for Aphmau at her locker, watching the students pass by.

I sigh, looking at the small box in my hands.

Is she gonna like it?

I raise my head up a little.

I hope she does.

"Hm? Zane?" I see Aphmau in front of me.

"Hey Aph." I say, my palms start getting sweaty.

"Everything alright?" She asks, tilting her head to the side.

I nod my head, "Yeah... I actually have something for you."

Her straight face turns into a smile.

I hold out the box, "Um, here."

She takes the box from my hands, and opens it up. Aphmau looks surprised.

"Wow! It's beautiful, Zane!" She says, as she closes the box. She put it in her locker, then turns to look at me.

She surprises me by wrapping her arms around me. Since she is much shorter than me, her head rests on my torso.

"Thank you."

My cheeks start burning. "Uh, Y-you're welcome..."

She lets go, still smiling at me. "Let's go to the cafeteria."

She begins walking, and I follow. Then, a hand is placed on my shoulder.

"Good going!" I turn my head, and see Vylad, as well as Travis.

"What the... Were you guys watching or something?"

They nod their heads in unison, grinning.

"Now, go on, be with your gir-- I mean, best friend!" Vylad says, patting my back.

I roll my eyes-- well, the one that isn't covered by my hair. I continue to walk, now beside Aphmau.

I'm glad she liked it.