Three Months With Trey

Start from the beginning

"Love you too daddy." I put my cell on the couch and Trey brought me a coffee. I mumbled a thanks and took a sip.

"So are you ready?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Surprise number two? Remember?"

"Trey...really I just don't feel in the mood to do anything." I pulled his baseball cap off his head and placed it on my own.

"Coop, that's the beauty of this. The suprise....comes to you." He leapt off the couch and opened the door. Beth, Jo, Maria, Dylan and the rest of the guys on the team were at the door.... in pyjama's.

"Oh my god." I raised my eyebrows in suprise. "A pyjama party?" I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face slowly. The guys were holding a cooler of beers, pizza's, chips and ice cream.

"Get changed Coop." Trey pulled me up and slapped my ass so hard I screamed before I ran upstairs to change. I pulled on an old t-shirt I'd stolen from Trey last summer and a pair of shorts. When I opened my door, Beth stood there looking too serious.

"Hey Jamie." She threw me a fake smile. "So um, the thing is, I understand your friendship with Trey but I don't respect the way you act with him. I am his girlfriend so all this touchy feely, hogging his time crap needs to stop. Okay? Super." I stood there shocked watching her bounce down the stairs.

I don't hog his time. And girlfriend? They've had like one date! Bitch.

I headed downstairs and took a seat next to Tim. Trey threw me his 'what the fuck?' look. I shrugged and

picked up a couple of dvd's. "What's first?"

*****

After Twilight and New Moon, Trey and the guys picked a dvd. They chose some stupid zombie crap. Yet I found myself edging closer to Tim. He wrapped an arm around me. "It's okay Jamie, zombie's can't get you. You have the basketball team here." He laughed. I playfully slapped his chest.

"Oh yeah tough guy? So you'll free throw his ass away?" I smiled at him.

"I'd win the championship game with three seconds to go baby." He smiled back. Tim was a great guy. Not a player like the others. Girls wanted to get with Tim to actually be with him, not just to say 'I slept with Tim

Hughes.'

It helped he was quite hot too. Through the rest of the movie, he whispered jokes to me making me laugh. It earned me and Tim Trey's famous 'death stare'.

When we were out of popcorn, I grabbed the bowl and headed to the kitchen still laughing. After grabbing a

bottle opener for the beer I turned to see Trey looking mad.

"What the hell Coop? First you don't sit with me and now you're all over Tim?"

"Well, you are sat with your girlfriend." I looked away to face the garden. The swingset was blowing in the

summer breeze.

"Cooper...." He put his head on my shoulder.

"Don't Trey. Get back to Beth. Please." I shrugged him off. I waited until he was gone and walked back to Tim. Beth couldn't help but smirk as I passed her, her legs over Trey's.

"Kitchen clear for zombies?" Tim asked with a smile.

"All clear." I smiled back. At the end of the zombie movie, Jo plugged her iPod in my docking station and turned on Justin Timberlake's SexyBack. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up to dance. After a while of Tim watching me, he got up and danced too making us girls laugh at his best moves. The next song to come on was mine and Trey's. He lifted Beth's legs off his and jumped up to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started to sing to me. Out of habit I blushed and tried pushing him away, this only made him sing louder and come closer to me.

*****

At 1am, me and the girls, minus Beth, were taking the duvets and pillows off the beds and taking them downstairs to the living room. "So what's the deal with you avoiding Trey?"

"I'm not avoiding him. He's.... It's.... Just nothing okay."

"No its not nothing. You guys are too close to suddenly be so distant. Did he upset you?" Jo asked with a frown.

"No. It's for Beth's benefit." I sat on my bed and told them what she said about us. Jo and Maria sat shaking their heads.

"Don't let her dictate your friendship to you! Kick her ass!" Maria stood up, angry. "Actually let me kick her

ass."

"No Maria, just let it be. Maybe it's for the best." When we made it downstairs I threw a duvet and two pillows at Trey and Beth, keeping hold of two pillows for me and Tim. I grabbed my iPod and put the

headphones in, turning up the music to drown out the conversations and closing my eyes.

*****

The next morning I was making breakfast for everyone. I had my usual bowl of Lucky Charms. We were still in the living room watching tv, talking about last night.

"So Jamie, what would you rather be? In eternal love like Edward and Bella? Be imprinted by Jacob? Or a zombie, forced to walk the world alone?" Dylan asked before shoving more pancakes in his mouth.

"Um... Eternal love. Like my mom and dad. Even with the time they were apart they never stopped loving each other. And he still loves her now." I blinked, holding back the tears that were fighting to fall. Trey came to me and hugged me.

"Sshh Coop, it's cool. I miss your mom too." Trey rubbed my back as I sobbed silently on his shoulder. He was the only one who knew my mom. "Dylan man, stop with the dumb ass questions."

"Sorry Jamie, I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's cool Dyl." I wiped away a few tears and headed to the garden. I could hear the low murmer of conversation as I sat on the steps. The door opened and Trey sat beside me.

"So Beth wants me to take her home but I'll come straight back okay?"

"No." I shook my head. "Stay with her, I kinda want a girls day with my friends." I smiled. "It's okay to leave me once in a while." He wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me towards him. He kissed my hair before letting me go.

*****

After the guys and girls left, the house was silent. I felt bad lying to Trey about spending time with the girls, but it had to be done.I opened my laptop, the wallpaper was me, Trey, Taylor and our dads at a basketball game Trey had just played at school. I remembered that day like it was yesterday.

When it was over, we headed to a party at Dylans's place. Trey got so drunk he climbed on a table and started to strip. The guys threw dollar bills at him. It was me that got him down and drove him back home.

I headed upstairs and took a shower. After drying my hair and throwing it in a messy bun, I drove to Clarice's house in search of company. Her car wasn't there when I got there. Defeated, I went next door to Trey's, wondering if he's home yet. I knocked on the door and Dean answered.

"Jamie, what a suprise! Come in."

"Hey Dean, is Trey here?" He shook his head.

"Nope, just me. How are you doing anyway? We haven't sat and spoke for a while now." I followed Dean into the kitchen. He made two cups of coffee and we sat on the garden table.

"I'm good thank you. Its been a little crazy, what with the wedding and dad going on honeymoon. How are you?"

"To be honest, a little worried about you. You look sad honey. Has Trey upset you?"

"God no, Trey is great. I think I'd go nuts if it wasn't for him." I laughed a little and blushed.

"So you like him huh?" Dean smiled.

"What? No, not like...no." I protested. Dean just smiled and took a sip of his coffee. The door opened and

Trey froze when he saw me.

"Uhh..girls day?" He smirked at me. Dean stood up and excused himself, giving me a knowing smile on his way inside. "Come on Coop, let's play ball."