Chapter 4

"It's been a couple weeks since I last saw Lauren. We broke up for spring break on Friday, so that means no college for 3 weeks. I'm actually quite relieved. I love college but it is quite stressful, at least I now have time to write some overdue essays. I haven't been thinking properly recently, I don't know whether this is a result of my encounter with Lauren or not. My mind hasn't been in the right place since that night, I'm really confused as to why. I haven't seen her at the club either, which is strange since she's a regular customer.

Speaking of the club, Tony has allowed me to have some time off because apparently I've been 'working too hard', his exact words. I think that's just talk for 'you're starting to lose your rhythm, here have some time to regain it'. To be honest, I have been slacking a lot at work, like I said my head hasn't been completely in the right place.

I forgot to mention in my last 'diary entry' that I also bought a poem book along with this notebook. By a 'poem book' I mean just another plain notepad, but I'll write poems in it instead. I'm not a very good poet, however I'm improving. Also, with my extra English classes I'm talking, I should be pretty good by the end of the year.

Janet has gone to Ohio for a month or so to visit her parents, so that means I have the apartment to myself. It's only been a couple days since I drove her to the airport, and I already feel lonely as hell. It's not like I have many friends in college, just the odd one or two that talk to me but I don't know them well enough to ask if they wanted to hang out. Plus they all have their own 'cliques'. God I hope I find something to do soon, other than writing poetry and eating ramen noodles."

After finishing writing my 'extract', I close my notepad and let out an over exaggerated sigh.

"Why is life so boring?" I speak aloud, knowing no one could judge me since I was alone.

"Tell me about it." A familiar voice spoke, making me almost instantly jump with shock. I turn to see Lauren; she was wearing a Rolling Stones t-shirt, black jeans ripped at the knees, black doc martins, with her wavy raven locks flowing free down her back. I was completely startled, partly because of her unexpected appearance and partly because of how beautiful she looked. "I'm sorry, did I scare you?" Lauren asked, a slight smirk creeping onto her lips.

"Umm...no not at all," I lied. "I just wasn't expecting you."

"Really?" She asked mischievously. "Because what you were texting me last night definitely says otherwise."

Oh god it was all coming back to me now. Last night I decided to have a drink, then that drink turned into two drinks, then those two drinks turned into three, and well you get the picture. I didn't remember the risky texts I sent when I woke up, but I sure do now.

"3:47 am." Lauren cleared her throat, breaking me out of my daydream of last nights events. "'Hey what's up sexy, you should totally drop by my place tonight I'm alone and bored'" Lauren read through the texts, whilst I cringe. "Again at 3:49 am. 'Come on, you've been ignoring me for weeks, I think I deserve to see you'" she repeated another drunk text I regretted.

"Oh god, please stop." I pleaded, however it didn't look like she was going to stop.

"3:53 am. 'Look just come up to my apartment, there's a key under the mat. I'll be waiting'"

"Okay, okay I get it," I spoke, my cheeks flushed red from embarrassment. Lauren laughed whilst I roll my eyes. "Anyway, you're a little late. It is like 2pm, I expected you at 4am." I joked. I looked at the pretend watch on my arm and tapped it whilst Lauren giggled some more.

"Well, I'm sorry Camila but I can't be at your beck and call 24/7. Plus I was sleeping and my phone was off. But, it was nice to see some morning texts for a change, the ones I usually get are 'your iCloud storage is nearly full' you know, that type of thing." She spoke, pretending to sound serious.

"I'm glad you're happy about the morning texts, because I'm sure not." I sulked but she continued to laugh at me. "Anyway if you only saw them when you woke up, does that mean you only just woke up like an hour ago?" I giggled.

"Nope, I physically can't wake up at that time, I've tried but I'm just an early bird. I had to run some...do some...work." She spoke, a little unsurely. I decided not to question her about it since I didn't want to come off rude.

"Okay," I smiled but something didn't seem right. I felt as if she were hiding something from me, but I couldn't get to grips on what it was. "I have some ramen noodles, if you want to stay for lunch?" I questioned, changing the subject, and she turned her nose up slightly.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Last time I ate those I barfed everywhere," she declined and I nodded my head, feeling quite disappointed but understood her reasons. "But I mean we could go out and get something to eat? I'm pretty hungry to be honest, I don't know about you?" She offered and I felt myself foolishly start shaking my head instantly. I'm so childish.

"Yeah that sounds great, let me just grab my jacket." Lauren nodded and I went to my bedroom to retrieve my leather jacket. I was already dressed, I had on a pair of worn jeans and a plain t-shirt of some sort. I slid into my jacket and double checked in the mirror to see if I was good to go. I was really confused at the feeling of butterflies in my stomach, how could that be? It was only getting food with a friend, right?

"Are you ready?" I heard Lauren call out, I guess she isn't all too patient.

"Yeah, I'm just coming," I reply and rush out of my bedroom. "Let's go."