From tragedy to miracle.

Mark's POV:
I was at a friends house when my mobile phone started to ring. I didn't recognise the number but something in the back of my mind told me it was someone important.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Mark it's Jack!"

"Oh hey Jack! Did your phone die?"

"Yeah funnily enough it did. Hey can i ask you a favour?"

As i figured he was lost i didn't want to say no.

"Yes of course what's wrong?"

"The thing is...I ummm........"

"Are you lost young Irish man?"

"Uh yeah but I'm not sure where i am..."

"Don't worry. I do. Just don't move I'm on my way."

I had, had a few drinks but not enough to be breaking the law... at least i don't think so anyway.

(short time skip because idk what to write by here! :P )

I had arrived at the alley way where the phone box was but what i saw was not what i had in mind.

Jack's body was lying on the floor next to a blood covered baseball bat. I had no idea who would have done this but I definitely knew what to do. I carried him bridal style to my car which luckily wasn't to far away, this guy is so light! I thought to myself. When i reached my car i carefully placed Jack over the backseats and jumped into the front. I slammed my foot on the pedal and went speeding gown the road. Sure, i didn't want to break the law but i also didn't want Jack to die.

(YAY FOR BRIDAL STYLE CARRYING! XD)

Jack's POV:

'Do you know what happened to him sir?'

'No I have no idea. I just found him like this!'

The voices were too muffled to even begin to guess who they were. My eyelids were heavy and it felt like they were restricting me from opening them to find out what happened or where i was. As the two voices became slightly clearer i could tell that one was a female voice and one was a deep husky voice that I recognised as Mark's. I was desperately trying to open my eyes as i could feel them getting heavier and breathing became harder.

I couldn't move, it was like I had no control over my body anymore, I heard Mark's panicked tone but it seemed to far away to reach out to. I was terrified of what was happening and i couldn't stop it! I could hear Mark begging to know what was happening and wanting to know why he was being rushed out so soon, his voice becoming louder and harsher suddenly calmed me as if just knowing he was worried made everything better, I was starting to regain power over my body and breathing suddenly became easier and my eyelids weren't so heavy but i still couldn't open them.

I heard hushed voices which i could only assume to be more people i didn't know, I just wanted to open my eyes and know where i was, to remember what had happened and what was happening! I felt a strong hand on my shoulder and a heavy sigh but it wasn't filled with boredom or disappointment it was filled with sadness and worry. My eyelids suddenly became easy enough to pry open, at first all i could see was bright lights and white walls of a hospital room and as I adjusted my head I saw Mark's face covered in surprise and relief, his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes staring straight at me. I looked around the room and saw that my leg was in a cast resting on a pillow. I must've fallen.  I thought but there was something off about that thought so i brushed it aside and looked back at Mark and let out a small smile.

"Hey" I managed but my voice was croaky and my throat was dry so i sounded less Irish and more snuffled.

"Hey! How you feelin'?"

"Confused mostly. What happened?"

Mark's expression fell slightly.

"I'm not too sure. All i know is that you were hit several times with a baseball bat."

Then everything came flooding back, the call, the guy, and the fact that I knew exactly who it was and that I never expected him to be there. Mark must've noticed the look on my face because he placed his hand back on my shoulder and the look in his eye said 'it'll be fine.'  but i wasn't too sure.

A/N HELLO!!! This chapter almost didn't end how it did! But anyway Jack's fine, Mark's relived, but who was the one that hit Jack?! Maybe you'll find out in the next chapter. Also please excuse the terrible picture at the top but it fits the chapter so well! Just in case you wonderin' how exactly Jack ended up with a cast the 'Mystery Man' went to town with that baseball bat! Anywho I hope you all enjoyed and I will see you all in the next chapter!!