"Jake's picking me up in an hour and I'm not ready yet" I panic "I don't even know what to wear Cate!" Cate just stands there looking amused and if I had time I would slap that look off her face.

I don't even know if this is a date or not, he did say I'm going to his apartment. After refreshing a bit in the bathroom, I decide on wearing a black short jumpsuit with a gold and black belt, with black heels. This will have to do. I quickly do my hair and decide on not wearing makeup. I don't like it that much anyways- yes it makes me feel prettier but my face always breaks out after I take it off. The perks of having sensitive skin. By the time I'm done with everything, Cate lets me know that Jake is outside. I say goodbye to Cate and make my way to the car.

These nerves are eating me alive because I don't really know what to expect, Zayn didn't really give anything away. I get in the elevator with Jake, he presses a few numbers and we get to the top floor it seems. The elevator finally stops and to say I'm amazed would be an understatement. Usually the elevator leads straight into the apartment but he has an additional door before you can enter. His place is extremely big, never mind beautiful. I'm almost too scared to step inside.

When the doors open, the first thing I see is Zayn standing there, wearing blue jeans and a tight black t-shirt. His beauty looks so effortless. The place is beautifully decorated, much like our apartment, with mostly black, white and gray, It's way more spacious than ours, and he has a large window overlooking the city beneath him.

"Ms. Reed, you look beautiful." he greets with a barely noticeable smirk. I'm wondering if maybe I imagined it.

"Zayn." I greet knowing he probably thought I'd use his surname. "thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." I say and he just smiles at me.

"Come in please." he gestures further into his place "Thank you Jake." he dismisses as he puts his hand on my lower back. Jake nods and turns to walk in a different direction.

"You hungry?" he asks

"Not really" I say since me and Cate ate at the mall a while ago.

"Wine?" he asks and I nod. He leads me to the lounge while he goes to get the wine I'm assuming.

Zayn returns with two wine glasses and sits next me but leaves a little space between us. He hands me one glass and looks at me intently. I could get lost in his eyes forever, there's just something about them that pulls you in and demands you to pay attention to them. I could drown in them. His stare is unnerving, it almost feels like I'm bare, like he can see every part of my soul and body, even my inner most hidden thoughts.

If his eyes could do all that, then you probably wouldn't still be sitting here! my subconscious snarls and I mentally roll my eyes at her.

"I called you here because I want to talk you." I just nod and he sighs before carrying on.

"I told you that we wouldn't work it out, and I still stand by that." he says and I swear if you listen close enough, you could hear my heart, along with any sliver of hope shatter to pieces. "I know that you want a relationship for the long run, and I don't know if I'll be able to give you that, but damn it Mel. I can't stay away from you and I'll be the first to admit that I'm a selfish man for asking you to stay with me regardless but I don't care because I know what I want."

Okay...

"So you want me, but?" I ask, slightly confused. I don't know what to make of what he's saying.

"I do want you, but I don't want titles as of yet. I want to see where my infatuation leads, then we can see what happens."

"I- I uh" I stutter as I try to come up with something to say.