Chapter 10

You know when your body feels like it's under autopilot? Well, that's how I felt when I realized where I was when I was standing in the middle of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist. I don't remember getting up or taking a shower let alone actually waking up. It was strange how my whole body ached. What was I doing last night?

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room, getting dressed. I soon got dressed and walked out into the kitchen to see Dan making himself breakfast. He looked at me and frowned then went back to flipping just breakfast.

"I had the weirdest dream last night.." I said, walking to the island counter and taking a seat. "It seemed too real but yet I don't think it could ever happen." I yawned loudly, watching Dan walk around the kitchen. "What's wrong?" I asked, getting ul and walking over to him.

"Why do you care?" He snapped.

"Why shouldn't I care?" I asked quietly, taking a step forward.

"Well, guess what? Cecilia left her number here for you since she thinks you're better than me now. Con-fucking-grats." Dan turned away from me grabbing his plate and walking to the couch.

So It wasn't a dream? Oh god.. I ran to the bathroom and next thing I knew I was vomiting in the toilet. Last night couldn't of happened, right? I mean, I would never do that. Dan would never do that. He would never get physical with me like that, right? Bloody hell.. I wiped at my mouth, brushed my teeth and walked back out to where Dan was angrily eating his breakfast.

"D-Dan? If last night really happened... why did you act like that towards me? You h-hit me?! A-and basically abused me!! For what?! Some girl?!" I looked down at Dan with hatred before collapsing on the spot next to him. "Y-you hit me.." I mumbled, crying like a child.

I felt Dan get up off the couch and then sit back down. I continued to cry as I felt his arms pull me into an embrace. I cried even harder when he pushed the hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. I desperately want to push him away but for some reason he always seems to make everything better.

Dan held me close until I stopped crying, occasionally sniffling. I lifted my head off of his chest and looked at him. Dan looked at me with sad eyes. "Phil.. I-I'm sorry for the way I acted toward you last night. You know how they say guys change around a girl? Well, now you know how I get... I don't know what came over me I-" he looked away from me, his bottom lip trembling.

I sat up and watched him silently as he cried into his hands. Loud, angry sobs wracked his body. Dan sat there for a good twenty minutes just crying. At one point he had leaned against me, gripping onto my shirt. I loosely wrapped my arms around him, rubbing circles into his back. For some reason all of this felt strange. None of this feels right.

Dan soon stopped crying and looked up at me. "Baby, I just want you to know that I'm really sorry for how I acted." Dan leaned in and kissed me softly, cupping my cheek.

I didn't kiss back. I didn't melt into his touch. I didn't even enjoy his lips on mine. What happened to us?

I got off the couch and went back to my room, locking my door. None of this feels right. I don't like it. I changed into pajamas and laid in bed, just thinking. Had last night really happened? It feels like a bizarre dream but no it must've happened. I rolled on my side facing from the door. I closed my eyes but didn't fall asleep. I feel like I'm not even me anymore.

Dan had knocked on my door a couple of times but quickly gave up. I'm not even sure if that's the same Dan that I grew to love over the past few years. This new Dan is foreign to me. He's something that will probably haunt me forever.

I got out of bed and walked over to my dresser, looking through the bottles of pills. Hopefully there's some sleeping medicine in here.. I really don't want to go and ask Dan. Thankfully, I found some and opened the bottle proceeding to pop two in my mouth. I swallowed them dry and stood there for a moment before walking back to my bed. I slipped back under the covers and closed my eyes, letting the medicine take effect.

I looked up to see Dan glaring down at me. I sat up slowly and gulped not knowing what he would do. "What do you think you're doing?" He snarled, swinging his arm back. I screwed my eyes shut, flinching and waiting for the impact. It never did come though. I opened my eyes to see Dan standing there with that same girl. She jumped on him, starting an intense make out session. Dan then snapped her neck and threw her body at me. "YOU CAN HAVE HER YOU UNGRATEFUL TWAT!!" He yelled, shaking the whole room. Her limp body looked at me as I just sat there, shaking. Dan glared at me and punched me square in the face, knocking a tooth out. I coughed causing blood to pour out of my mouth and onto her dead body. Dan then proceeded to kick me on the floor and repeatedly hurt me in any and all ways possible...

●º●

I'm afraid to say that we are nearing the end folks..