She Might be dead But the Party is NOT over

Lydia’s POV

I made my way through crowds, pushing people as I went they all grimaced as they stumbled. I smirked at them as I reached the girl with the frizzy hair- Her eyes were red and her hair was going even more frizzy forming an afro on her head.

"What's going on?" I demanded.

"She's dead, she’s dead, she’s dead." That's all the girl repeated. She looked up at me and her worn brown beady eyes bored into me.

"Who's dead?" Somebody called; I felt a hand on my waist and looked to who it was. It was just Ryan.

"She's dead." Imogen repeated. God I hated her.

"Ok, we get it. But who the fuck is dead? I mean, we can't read your mind you know!" Ryan shouted.

Caprice, a quiet Asian girl came running in, her skeleton costume Looked slightly ruined, "Sanjana," She whispered. The whole hall erupted into echoes, everyone whispering the words 'Sanjana's dead or I only just got to know her' those that were brave enough said 'she was quiet anyway, not much difference.'

A Black girl went over to Imogen helping her up, they both walked away to the bathroom. I walked away from Ryan and made my way to the stage, I stood up next to the DJ. "Yo, DJ you can have the floor in two seconds." He handed me the microphone. "Right, ok people let's not let this bring us down, we paid for the DJ and the decorations. We wouldn’t want to waste the money that we persuaded the school to throw a party that didn't consist of dorms only- instead of giving it to charity.  So, let's party and we can mourn after the investigation of Sanjana’s death, What do you say?"

There were shouts and one of the boys shouted a "yeah! Let's party, It’s Crunk time!"

I handed the microphone back to the DJ. I was surprised no teachers had Left the Staff room (also known as the Watchers room) to stop the party. I looked at the clock at the far end of the Hall behind all of the balloons and flashing lights, it was around 1am. I jumped off the stage and sighed, my blonde that had hints of dark purple was slicked back. I was surprised how ‘Unpoofy’ it was (usually it was very poofy) and I had no fringe which was very rare. The only person that ever really saw me regularly without a fringe was Ryan. I had dressed as a ‘Vampire Cat’ I was wearing a black jumpsuit with a cute black nose with whiskers on my face which I had painted on using my close friend-Chloe's face paint-all in all I looked good.

I squinted through the grinding crowds looking for one of my friends. I spotted a blonde cave girl drinking punch by the snack table and talking to a boy. That must be Chloe I thought and made my way over.

On my way, I grabbed a cup of red punch off one of the nearby tables, (which was probably spiked). As I walked a girl ran past me making me loose balance I turned swiftly but she was to hazy to identify I turned and then a taller girl bumped into me, the red punch in my hand going all over her. I laughed, then noticed it as a girl called Kelly (An old friend in which I hadn’t spoken to in a while.)

"You're gonna pay for that, bitch." She said.

"Well, no I'm not. You shouldn't be running around like a pathetic child in a place that is crowded." I replied.

"Shut up."

"Erm, No. Because you can't tell ME what to do, now move." I pushed her and she pushed me back. I grunted when Ryan appeared holding me back.

"Babe," he said watching my face twist at the mention of ‘babe’. I couldn't stand it. I hated it. (it sounded trampy) He smiled and continued, "Let’s keep the drama to a minimum tonight, Run along." He said to Kelly. Kelly watched us with prying eyes, fighting me ‘mentally’.

I never hated Kelly- She was my first friend but she pushed me around constantly, so we drifted apart. Now it was most likely we would argue. I continued walking towards Chloe (cave girl) Ryan by my side but when we reached he started pulling me away from Chloe, he was dragging me out of the crowds and to the dance floor. I reluctantly followed (I couldn't dance; it was dumb I had two left feet).

We danced ignoring the eerie atmosphere caused by the death and alcohol.